1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME PLZ THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Itachi934, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Itachi934

Itachi934 Guest

ok now im new here and i just order a hdd i have a harddrive and a network adapter i have a pc with a burner and i have the iso file of the game i want to burn now i need to know do u need a dvd bruner to burn this to a dvd cd or can i just use a regular burner and pop the file in nero burn it of and there we go or is it more complex than that thx for any help u can give me.

2. recondo

recondo Guest

If the game your wanting to backup is in dvd format you have to have a dvd burner to burn it to dvd,if its in cd format you have to burn it to cd-r.

3. Manh

Manh Regular member

or if u want to put the game on the hdd, u can just connect that hdd to your computer and put the iso file on it, and play from there. instead of burning it to dvd, if u dont have a dvd burner

4. Itachi934

Itachi934 Guest

ok thx for the information i figured that my laptop has a dvd burner now how do u think i should send the files over to the laptop and do i just need the iso file or do i need every file on the cd?

5. juniorken

juniorken Member

Easier to use a isofile-reader (i think WinRAR can) and decompressing the data to your harddrive so you can access it straight from your hard drive or by network (best to put it on the drive of the system you're gaming with - fastest speed).

However, it's possible that the software won't work. In that case you just better burn the image to a cd-r. Read the manual of your writer-software how to burn an image to a cd-r (so not just making a copy of the iso-file itself - won't work).

Hope this helps.

greetz,

jr.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  6. Itachi934

Itachi934 Guest

ok now i have burn all the files on the dvd onto another dvd-r now i pretty well just copied every file from the game onto a blank dvd-r will this game now work with a hd loader a slid card and a hdd?

7. juniorken

juniorken Member

hope u didn't make a copy of the iso-file? it really needs to be a decompressed version of the iso-file. Not just a copy of it. I also guess that your ps is chipped so that it works with dvd-r?

good luck

jr.