1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me Start My Mod

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Nealio, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

Hello everyone. I am brand new to the Xbox 360 scene. I am familiar with modding other game consoles though. Anyhow I just bought a used Xbox 360 recently. I've been reading up on everything for a while now on various forums, reading tutorials, watching videos, etc. and I just want to make sure I know to get.

First off, I opened up my case and my DVD drive is a Hitachi GDR-3120L (0046DH). From what I've read this is an easy drive to mod. The only thing I am a little confused about is what SATA card do I need? None of my 3 computers have SATA on-board, so I need to buy a PCI card, right? Are there certain ones that people recommend for my DVD drive in particular? I did a search/looked through the FAQ sticky and noticed most people recommend this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124022

However, I don't remember reading whether or not this works for the drive I have. Also, the price seems to have gone up about $10 recently. Does anyone know of anywhere else I can get a good/cheaper card? If not, that is fine... I'll just order it from Newegg. I mostly just want to know what exactly I should be looking for SATA card wise.

Thanks in advance!

2. eman16

eman16 Member

yea thats the card i used to flash mine .. im new too this to

3. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

Alright, thanks for the info. I'll probably go ahead and order that soon. Can anyone else confirm this is the right one though? I just want to make sure before I actually do order it.

4. eman16

eman16 Member

trust me ..its the right one ..

5. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

OK well I went ahead and ordered so that hopefully they'll ship it out tomorrow (before the weekend). No offense but I hope trusting newb status doesn't hurt me here :)

From what I've read though this should work anyways... so thanks again for the info!