1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me to get ride of the extras but keep the menu

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by marky2910, Jan 24, 2004.

1. marky2910

marky2910 Guest

i want to keep the main movie menu and may be 1 or 2 of the extras but dump most of them on some dvds any tips on soft were . i`m using dvd decripter ,dvd2one130 and then nero 6 .

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi marky2910,
    If you just want to keep the main movie you can use Decrypter to select just the main movie. Mode> file then Edit> Select Main Movie Files.
    You could try DVD Shrink 3.1.3. Just select Re-author and drag the titles you want into the left window. It will use your Nero 6 to auto-burn.
    Heres a few guides: http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

Let me know if this helps!

Frank

3. marky2910

marky2910 Guest

hi frank thanks 4 the in put . but i got all that down to a t . full movies and extras or just movie is no problem . what i need to do is the movie and just the extras that i like with all the main menus .
    could you serjust a program .not shrink or dvd2one .
    thanks marko

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi marko,
    Keeping the original menu functoning is a problem if you desturb the structure of the DVD by removing titles.
    You can use a program like TMPGEnc DVD Author to create a new menu for your DVD.
    Another solution is to replace an unwanted extra with a still picture or some sort of filler. This keeps the original DVD structure intact.
    I don't do this because you end up having to watch portions of your video with just the filler on screen.
    Frank