1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me understand that error

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by anarkya, Jan 25, 2007.

1. anarkya

anarkya Member

Hi,
    I will try to explain that the best i can with the knowledge I have.

There is that game called 9 Dragons, its in open beta right now, a mmorpg about martial arts.

We are a bunch of friends playing it and we are having fun..
    Now, one of them cant connect at all..

He get this error
    failed to socket intialize. error no.10091

I know its a long shot but maybe some of you might know what it is and how to solve it..

He closed his firewall, updated his drivers, restarted, re-installed the game several times.. it still say that..

Thank you for your help with this.

Anarkya

2. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

Network subsystem is unavailable.
    This error is returned by WSAStartup if the Windows Sockets implementation cannot function at this time because the underlying system it uses to provide network services is currently unavailable. Users should check:

That the appropriate Windows Sockets DLL file is in the current path.
    That they are not trying to use more than one Windows Sockets implementation simultaneously. If there is more than one Winsock DLL on your system, be sure the first one in the path is appropriate for the network subsystem currently loaded.
    The Windows Sockets implementation documentation to be sure all necessary components are currently installed and configured correctly.

I found that with a google search. It's not too clear how to fix it tho!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007