1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me with my evox mod chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by bthomas15, Jan 25, 2007.

1. bthomas15

bthomas15 Guest

i had a mod chip installed in my xbox its evo x but it doesnt show evo x dash it does ms dash how could i do this so i could soft mod someone please help

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

So is this a Softmod or Hardmod? You said at first that you have a chip installed, and now you're talking about Softmod? If it's Hardmod, when you turn on the Xbox, hold the white button on your Controller, and see if it goes to a different screen. This screen that it "should" go to, is the BIOS screen, and if you can find the IP Address of the Xbox, you can FTP a Dashboard to the Xbox, and get rid of the old M$ Dash.

3. bthomas15

bthomas15 Guest

thanks ill try it

4. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah confused me too, you said you had an EvoX modchip. But EvoX is a dashboard and not a mod chip.

Figure out what you have. Either way you can always use Slayer 2.7 auto installer to install a dashboard like EvoX, and lots of other useful apps as well.
    It is something you will have to find, download and burn to a DVD.
    Then you just stick it in the Xbox and run it. It is a handy disc to keep around just in case you every need it to format a hard drive, install programs, install dashboards and such.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007