1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by cotanbr, Apr 1, 2005.

1. cotanbr

cotanbr Member

Gtrman,

Can you help me with my questions?

I'm writing from Brazil. During the trip that i did (USA) in the beggining of this year, a purchased one DVDR04-Ilo. I read the instructions and started using the equipment as a VCR (recording from TV channels and making some copies of some originals dvd's). But now , some problems appears. When i try to record some programs from TV, sometimes one message appears on the screen " Protected content".
    Does anybody knows what's happening?
    Is it necessary to download a new version of a firmware? Is it easy? (I'm not so good with computer programs)
    There's other problem that appears when i make some DVD copies (bothering sound during the reproduction).
    I would like to insert the option of 3 hours. Does anybody recommend me? What i have to do ? (Step by step)

So the last question is: " Is it possible to copy one original DVD movie, including the options of the menu? (Of course using this equipment)

Thanks a lot.

Note. Sorry for my poor english and knowledge in this area.

2. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

You can not copy dvd's with all the menus and extras on a dvd recorder like this. There are programs to do it on a computer though.

Do not use the front inputs on the R04. They will make the recording noisey. The ILO tuner can also add noise to the recording.

If you are getting the "protected content" screen, this means the recorder need a firmware update. The R04 has a problem with weaker signals, thinking they were copy protected.

If you go to my website, you can get new firmware for the R04. There are very detailed instructions there on how to do the upgrade. You will need both 1097 and 1098RevB to make sure the recorder is fully up to date.

Good luck.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  3. cotanbr

cotanbr Member

Gtrman,

My DVD model is DVDR04. I made the download of 2 differents versions of firmware - 1097.e20 e 1098.es5. I really installed both of them in my DVD recorder with success. Unfortunately with the message " Protected Content" sometimes still appears.
    Trying to remove the macrovision, I decided to install the hacked version of firmware. Following the instructions in your website, i downloaded the program . I choose , in the beginning, the version 1098.es5 to be hacked. But when i tried to install in tbe recorder, nothing happened. I turned off and turned on again, and selected play button, but nothing happened (only a message in the screen " file data"). Downloaded again (hacked version), and i did a new CD. But didn't work. So i tried again, doing the same procedure with the firmware 1097.e20, but nothing happened.
    Do you know what's wrong? The color of my TV, sometimes appears and sometimes not. As I said, when i try to record some TV programs, sometimes is possible and sometimes not.
    Do you think that problem is with the system of my country (PAL-M)? I need your help.

Note. My TV works with 3 differents types of systems (PAL-M; PAL-N AND NTSC.

4. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

cotanbr,

Make sure before turn the recorder off with the CD in the drive, go to the setup screen and do a system restore/reset. Then turn off the recorder and turn it back on.

5. cotanbr

cotanbr Member

Gtrman,

I promisse you that is the last e-mail i will send to you. But, as i wrote, i did everthing as you said , and unfortunately anything happened. The recorder only show on screen this message " Data file" . I downloaded again the hacked version, selected the file to be " hacked" - 1097 , and finally made another CD. But , as I said, anything happened. Is there other way to disable the macrovision? My problem didn't disappear. I try to record some TV programs, but a message on screen says " Protected Content"

6. cotanbr

cotanbr Member

Gtrman,

I think that i discovered what happened with the hacked version of ILO firmware. After selected the firmware to be "hacked" , i burned CD's using the entire folder (named HACKED). I think that i only have to put in the CD the " little program". So , tonight i will try to do a new CD and after i tell you what happened.

So , thank you very much for you help.

7. cotanbr

cotanbr Member

Gtrman,

I installed with success the hacked firmware in my dvd recorder. Fortunately, the message " protected content" disappeared from the screen. But , sometimes the dvd records only in black& white. The color TV system of my country is PAL-M. Do you think , if i purchase one transcoder (PAL-M to NTSC) i can solve this problem ?