1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by BOUNCING, Apr 30, 2005.

1. BOUNCING

BOUNCING Member

I HAVE DOWNLOADED LOTS OF MOVIES FROM ETOMI DOWNLOADING PROGRAM BUT WHEN I GO TO BURN THEM ON MY NERO THE MOVIES DONT SHOW UP AS DVD FILES HOW CAN I MAKE THEM APPEAR AS THIS. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING

2. BOUNCING

BOUNCING Member

ALSO WHEN I TRY TO USE DVD SHRINK THE MOVIES DO NOT SHOW UP AS DVD SO I CANNOT SHRINK THEM WAT AM I DOING WRONG?

3. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

Hi,

Please read the forum rules before posting. Typing all in CAPS may be interpreted as shouting, and that's against the rules.

The file has to be converted to dvd-compliant files, then use a burning app like Nero to burn it under dvd-video mode.

Depending on your files' extension and how it was encoded, the quality varies. If the files was ripped from a dvd and converted to Divx/Xvid and the person did it right, then the quality would be fine. But if it the quality is bad and you convert it to a dvd-video, the resulting dvd-video would also look/sound crappy.

Here's a free, easy converter for beginner's to use...just follow the guide and download the necessary program(s):

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/AVItoDVD.html

An alternative to the one mentioned above, but with the ability to create menus is NeroVision Express (not free, but full functionality during trial period) :

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/NVE.html

Here's a another guide, but for advanced users, but may be easy if you know what you're doing:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm

Here's a link to other freeware/shareware converters:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=35#35

4. BOUNCING

BOUNCING Member

i tried wat what you said but no go i also tried to convert on my nero express but the films are still not showing up as dvd files but when i change to search for all files the film appears but is not compatable. the films downloaded are in kb does this have anything to do with this?

5. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

Use [bold]NeroVision Express[/bold] instead of Nero Express

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  6. BOUNCING

BOUNCING Member

i used nerovision express and great i got it converted but another problem occured when i tried to burn the film. it started to burn but then a message appeared stating sorry. your compilation cannot be written on this kind of disc please insert correct disc type or modify the settings of your compilation to make them compatible with the current disc. the disc i am using are 4x dvd-r 4.7gb. when i first go into nerovision to burn it states burn video cd should it say burn dvd? please help! you have been great so far thanks!!

7. skunkman

skunkman Member

try using winavi or super dvd creator, as you download movies im sure you won't have a problem finding them on any p2p or other means that you use, works fine for me every time

8. BOUNCING

BOUNCING Member

thanks ill try that and let you no