1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me!

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by kream314, Sep 2, 2007.

1. kream314

kream314 Member

Can someone school me about torrents. i have a macbook(intel) and i would like to know how to use torrents. but i dont know how to do it on my mac. i heard good reviews for Tomato Torrent but i dont know what it is. Can someone help me please?!

2. zeedee892

zeedee892 Guest

I use Azureus. I say don't use Bittorrent, or uTorrent. On my old PC, i used Bittorrent before, but on my mac, i changed my mind, becasue it never downloaded my torrents, or it toook EXTREAMLY to long for it to download. But after you mounted Azureus on your iMac. Go onto www.torretns.to and they have a search engine for the best torrent websites around, as far as I know, please anyone correct me if Im wrong. Once you download the torrent to your desktop, control click the torrent and click open with (Azureus) witch would be in your apps. To easily find your to find your downloads, make a folder like "My Download" or something like that. Then go into your preferences, Files, And change the download directory to your new folder. Wait a 30mins to an Hour (Maybe more, depending what your downloading) and you should have your 1st Torrent.

3. akaangus

akaangus Regular member

Great how-to :)

I use Mininova and a private tracker for everything. Another great way to find torrents is to search google for:

whatever you want AND ".torrent"

(of course the AND is unnecessary but I rock it old school ;) )