1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Modded xbox and live?!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Bat_man, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Bat_man

Bat_man Member

2. 121flame

121flame Member

Aaaaw man, thats really eeeer turd(lol). think i'm gonna have to return the chip and get a spyder or some other one, can you recommend any to me?(ones that DO WORK WITH v1.6)tnx, nice find but pitty it dont work on mine, huh?

3. Bat_man

Bat_man Member

DO NOT GET A SPYDER! ive bin trawling thru loads of forums trying to find help with my live problem and ive seen nothing but bad things bein said bout the spyder,sorry!
    I spose it depends wotya wana do wif your xbox, if tis just to play backups or saved games i wud stay wif an Xecuter. But then again u mite hear different fings from different ppl.

4. 121flame

121flame Member

i dont really wanna do soldering cuz of thing that ive done b4 to electronics, and the Spyder and Xenium are the only Modchips that support solderless adaptors.

5. Bat_man

Bat_man Member

Seeing you seem to kno wot ur talkin bout could ya tell me how to lock my hard-drive? I tried turning my chip off by its switch and when i turn my xbox bak on i get a screen saying that my xbox needs service!

Could anyone plz help or provide a link or sumfin?

Thanx in advance!

6. NoNameNow

NoNameNow Guest

Go here https://shop.system-mods.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=178&HS=1

Xecuter chips actually have a solderless adapter you can use. I've been using Xecuter Chips for a while now and haven't had any problems with them. I haven't tried out their solderless adapters because I just solder the chips to the board myself. I'm sure the adapter kit will work just as good.

Now I've been hearing about the new Live Update and how it still detects modded xbox's even if the chip is turned off. Is this true and if it is, is there any solution yet to this?

7. 121flame

121flame Member

you tryed turning the chip back on?

8. 121flame

121flame Member

and , no i don't think it is true. but you have to lock your hdd and turn the chip off then there will be no problems attall
    from many hundreds of messages ive read

9. Bat_man

Bat_man Member

Thats the problem 121Flame, i dont kno how to lock my hard-drive! Ive heard that i should use an app called ConFigMagic....does any1 kno where i can find this and how to use it?
    Thanx in advance

10. 121flame

121flame Member

if you have Xecuter3 (thanx for the link, nonamenow, im looking into buying an X3 seen as the incredible flash bank storage i think will come in very usefull) then its points out a feature of lock/unlock HDD, but sadly i dont know how so soz much m8, but keep your hopes up :p

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  11. Bat_man

Bat_man Member

I have an Xecuter 2.6, theres no option to do that.

12. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

just use evox to lock hd in the ini unhash lock hd. it will do it for you.

13. Bat_man

Bat_man Member

Sorry i didnt quite understand that! Have you ever used configmagic? I was wonderin if i cud burn it onto a disc and load it onto the xbox that way...any suggestions?

14. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

do you need to lock the hd. if so just use evox it is really easy in the evox.ini there is a part that says
    lockhd and a bunch of other stuff in front of it is like # that i think just erase everything before it in the ini. now go to evox and click that it will lock the hd with the key so you can boot with out the mod chip on.

15. Bat_man

Bat_man Member

Do i need to hook my xbox up2 the pc to do that? Where can i find the ini ur talkin about?

16. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

in the c drive on the xbox there should be a bunch of folders do you have evox.xbe and evox.ini in there?

17. NoNameNow

NoNameNow Guest

Bat_man, yes you would need to hook your xbox to your pc to get to the ini file. If you have Evox loaded into your xbox, follow the steps below.

Once you are able to hook your xbox to your pc go to the C folder, and look for evox.ini
    Once you have found it transfer that file over to your computer.
    Next open it up and scroll down to the bottom till you see something that may look like this

# Item "Lock Harddisk",@210
    # Item "Unlock Harddisk",@211

Remove the "#" sign so that you will be able to see that option when you get to the main screen of evox.
    Save that file and transfer it back to your xbox.

Restart your xbox. You should now see an option to lock or unlock your HD on the main screen when you turn it on. Lock your HD from there. Now you can go ahead and add the "#" signs again so they will not appear on the main screen of evox and no one can mess with it.

Hope this helps you out

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  18. Bat_man

Bat_man Member

I dont hav any ethernet ports on my computer,could i hook it up thru my router?

19. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

yes you can just change in network settings.

20. Bat_man

Bat_man Member

to what?