1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Modded Xbox no longer loads...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by strudds, Feb 12, 2005.

1. strudds

strudds Member

Hi. I've seemed to do something very bad to my Xbox... I got it modded the other day, running UnleashX with (I think) an EvoX chip. Everything worked fine, I even got it networked to my Mac, something which I was told would be much harder...
    Anyway, once modded, I decided I wanted to put some additional emulators on it, and so transferred xsnes9x and surreal64 to the e: drive. From memory, I think I just put it in the E:/ directory, not in the Emulators folder.

[bold]And here comes the problem...[/bold]
    When I reset the Xbox after transfering the emulators, the Xbox just refused to load the UnleashX dash. It comes up with the modified boot screen all fine (blue X instead of green), but just stays on this screen. When I start it up without holding the power button (fort normal boot without modchip) it starts fine. [bold]Somebody please help!!![/bold] Im at a loss at how to fix this!!!

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

what i would do is make an evox boot disc, boot it up in the xbox, and connect with your ftp program. this will allow you to delete the emulators in the E directory and make a folder for them. maybe that'll help.