1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help modding PS2 V7 with Duo2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by burgman, Oct 1, 2004.

1. burgman

burgman Member

I am having difficulty finding the point 'I' that is on the wiring diagrams. I think its on the backside of the board, but how do you remove the heat sink? It seems to be attached very well. Thanks in advance from a noob modder (not solderer).

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

i is on the back of the v7 motherboard. Make sure the screw from under the fan is out and the cable going to the dvd drive are all out. The heatsink should come out relatively easily.

3. burgman

burgman Member

Thanks for the reply, the screw is out but it seems that there is something holding the heat sink onto the board, something under the sink that I can't see.

4. ronw1975

ronw1975 Guest

Thank you for your answer i was having the same probs myself lol emailed everyone and held me up forever seems like stupid diagrams should say something like that. Anyway, this duo2se card is a b#tch to solder. Hate myself for doing it and now looks as though it wont play dvd/r backups hope mine dont have probs i really wouldnt wish this nightmare on anyone.

5. ronw1975

ronw1975 Guest

Also I am having trouble soldering to the ground for the duo2se chip my ps2 is a v7 any advice or an alternative would be appreciated

6. ronw1975

ronw1975 Guest

Burgman sure you got it by now but there is three brass standoffs that r probably holding your heatsink a little tightly. Just take a little straight and pop it loose easily. you can see the brass indents (3) on the heatsink itself

7. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

You can use magics ground point which is on a little black thing or you can use the one at the end of the board which is a little square silver thing.

8. burgman

burgman Member

Ya I did get it ron, it was the heat sink paste that was keeping it together. I still can't run PSX backups though. PS2 dvds work fine