1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Movie skipping in ps2 but nothing else. Confusing

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Tiffany87, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Tiffany87

Tiffany87 Member

Hello, Im hoping someone might be able to help me. I'm a little confused, because this is happening with only particular movie.

Ok, I made a backup of my movie. Burned it at 4x, half of the max on cd. Its a dvd-r. I used nero 7.0 for the burning.

The movie works on my Dvd Player, it works on my Computers Dvd player perfectly. But in the Ps2 it skips or glitches every 5 seconds. Literally, like start and stops every 5 sec.

I checked other movies in my ps2 and even my games. So i don't think my ps2 is going bad. So why would a particular dvd cause trouble only in a ps2.? I care becuase in my bedroom i watch movies on a ps2 rather than having 3 game consoles, vcr and dvd player. Thats alot of space lol.

I just dont get it, hope someone has advice. thank you

2. ps2wizz

ps2wizz Regular member

sounds like poor quality disks to me

3. steimy

steimy Active member

that use to happen with my slimline PS2 all the time, no matter what quality the media was. They are just not very reliable movie players.

No use putting extra strain on your laser if you have a DVD play, just use the DVD player for your movie.

4. Tiffany87

Tiffany87 Member

Ya, I guess they dont play everything like new dvd players. I dont think it is my media. Are memorex dvd-r bad quality? i know some say dvd+r are more accepted? Would that be true in the ps2.

I dont want to go out and buy them if it prolly wont work. I care also because my boyfriend watches movies in his house with a ps2 also. I wish i could find a solution for burning dvds compatible with a ps2.

Although dvd players r now like 20 bucks if you go for cheapest brand. So now a days you dont have to be cheap playing dvds in the ps2 lol. still. What is the solution for burning movies and ps2 compatible?