1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help. my backups stopped working!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by deehrockz, Mar 22, 2005.

1. deehrockz

deehrockz Member

okay heres the situation.

ive been able to copy games for a while. all the dvd-rs are on the same type of media.

but about a few weeks ago, the back ups i have made are all bad....well the ps2 backups for all the games im making are all bad. killzone/suffering/shellshock/bustingout etc.

but the movies im burning are working perfect on my ps2 so im sure its not the motor or lens. and the prevous copies of dvd games i made are working fine still.

does anyone know what the problem might be? im using magic swap v 3 with a 3000 model ps2.

my method is using alcohol 120 to make into an image and burn.

ive also tried burning directly with dvd decrypter after making the image.

and ive also tried making the image with alcohol then burning with decryptor.

my movie back ups im making work fine on the ps2, but the games done.

what can be the problem?

anyhelp is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

2. Finalfan

Finalfan Member

well if you say that you films work perfectly but not your games then that means your chip misses something i can't tell cause i don't use this chip i use MAGIG V3.36 or something like that

Hope i helped you

3. ahweigor

ahweigor Member

i think you should try different media's for the games, some games can be a bit picky on which media you use. i've had problems before when my Samsung DVD+R won't work, so i had to burn some games on Sony DVD+R

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Let me see if i understand.
    You made back ups of the games listed and they worked, and now they do not?
    or were you saying that previous back ups you made of other games worked and now the back ups you are making of the current games don't?

have you tried using DVD Decrypter to both copy the ISO/MDS to your hard drive and then burn it to a disc?
    I use it for the whole process and it works great.

What type of media do you use? And at what speed are you burning them?

5. deehrockz

deehrockz Member

i dont have a chip installed im using the magic swap v3 discs.

well the backups that i made before on the same media work. But everysingle game that im backing up now does work. im doing the same process i did with the previous ones. and what worked before isnt working now. Ive tried the dvd decrptor iso image, then burning with decryptor and its not working either.

I thought it was my ps2 lens going out or something. but the backups i made before with the same media work fine still.

I also tried reinstalling all the programs and they arent working.

Sometimes i get something called and "i/o error" now when im burning.

hope this info helps.

and thanks for the responses everyone.

6. defcheck

defcheck Member

im having the same problem with swap magic and backups mine go to a black screen and thats it or it comes up red outlined and nothing help us jeebis :(

7. welcome3

welcome3 Guest

Your lazer might be dirty. Clean it. See the Ps2 lazer would use more Iguess you can say power on a game then a movie. Try cleanning it that should work.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

It is possible that it could be the laser, except for the fact that all his previous games work still. But cleaning it wouldn't hurt.
    Something has to have changed with the burning process or the burning program. I'm just not sure what. maybe a setting that changed, or a check box on DVD Decrypter that was checked/unchecked before. I really don't think it's the PS2 just for the main fact that everything else you burned previously works just fine, on the same type of media.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  9. deehrockz

deehrockz Member

if i uninstalled it and reinstalled it, wouldnt the settings for the programs go back to normal?

10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Hey deehrockz. To check out it you have burning problems, why not try to recopy one of your still-working backups? If you have a settings / burning problem, then your new backup of an old working backup shouldn't work, right?

11. rewtbeer

rewtbeer Member

Make sure your discs are completley flat inside. I know when i started doing this, they weren't completley down.

I know it sounds dumb, but sometimes dumb answers cure dumb questions.

12. deehrockz

deehrockz Member

"Hey deehrockz. To check out it you have burning problems, why not try to recopy one of your still-working backups? If you have a settings / burning problem, then your new backup of an old working backup shouldn't work, right? "

-dood thats a really good question. ill probably try that tonight when i get back from work. thanks for the responses everyone. ill let you know how it turns out, if i have a burning problem or not.

13. revantan

revantan Member

Hi, I have similar problem.
    I burn my ps2 cd with nero and ps2 dvd using dvd encrypter. and my burner is Sony Dvd double layer.
    I have PS2 V.12 with DMs4-pro and toxic bios.
    the PS2 read fine on CD back up and any original.
    the problem is with DVD back-up. when the dvd still fresh from burner, ps2 read fine, but after play it a couple times, it start skip and sometime freeze.
    The media i use, Sony DVD-R and burn it at 1X. and my PS2 still less than 3 months old.
    please help, and sorry about my slopy english
    thank you