1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help my bricked psp...asap please,,,,,

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by CoRn3tTo, Mar 6, 2007.

1. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

i am custumizing xmb icons,,,,,and some rco samples worked,,,,,but then i think my third time trying to change my icons,,,,,when i go to recovery mode,,,,i accidently click (o) at the run program/eboot something .....etc....i think its the second or third on the list
    like:

Toggle Usb
    run program/eboot or something like that
    advanced>
    back

on my recovery mode,,,, then after i accidently click on run prog,,, my screen goes black,,,,what do i do next,,,i don't want to brick my psp,,, first i tried to click all the buttons,,,then nothing happend,,,i tried to disconnect usb,,nothing happend,,,and last i tried fully turning it off ,,and nothing happend...

PLEASE HELP.....

2. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

(ooopsss) im sorry for double posting,,,,

i panicd,i think i did'nt brick my psp,,,i just click the wrong menu,,,,
    i find a way my self,,,,i removed the battery and put it again and start my psp,,,and hold "r" for the recovery,,,thats it,,,

i am just afraid that if i removed the battery while having a black screen,,,i can get even worse brick on my psp,,,but not! thank god,,

anyway,,,,what can really brick your psp for life? not semi-bricked,,,and what causes it?

thanx,,have a good day ad's

3. staxx

staxx Regular member

i believe its when you mess around with the .prx files incorrectly that causes full bricks, cintro can fully brick as well (dont quote me on this cause i could be mistaken)

4. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

i think after i edited/customized my icon,,,il never touch anything again on my psp,,but,,,

what if my psp get a virus on some iso's or some homebrew applications,, can it be recovered? ofcors depends on a virus,,,but do we have a virus yet on a psp?

i heard and read trojanpsp or something,,,is this true? or virus is out there and where can we get it?

5. staxx

staxx Regular member

I'm sure its possible. When you download stuff for your psp try to stay on the well known sites.

I'm assuming your saying that your psp is still bricked/semi-bricked...Can you still access your recovery menu?

6. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

yeah right? u can still go to recovery whatever/however you brick your psp? thats what i know...but messing up with that .prx files can totally brick your psp,that i don't know,,,

7. pecavuk

pecavuk Guest

u can always go to recovery mode...best to use if yer PSP is bricked

8. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

yeah,,thanx,,, pecavuk,,,and staxx for givin some infos,,,