1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Help] My burned games don't work

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mynameq, Oct 22, 2007.

1. mynameq

mynameq Member

i've got a modded ps2. i've burned an iso onto a dvd-r disk using nero, but when i put it in my ps2, it says "please insert a ps2 format disk" or something like that. can anyone tell me why its not working?

ps: i've also tried using dvd decrpter to burn it. i tried it on speed 4x. the dvd im using is a 4x dvd (dunno if that makes a difference)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what mod do you have for your ps2? Also, what brand discs are you using?

3. mynameq

mynameq Member

i dont know what mod i have. i bought the ps2 pre-modded. im not even sure that its modded, but thats what the sales-dude told me. (i bought it from china. ive been told that it wouldn't be able to play american games normally. since i CAN play normal american games, it must mean that its modded right?)

the brand of disk i used was a 4x princo dvd-r. i also tried to burn it on an 8x teon dvd+r disk. both didn't work.

btw, how do i tell what kind of mod i have? (if any)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Princo is probably the worst brand discs you can use and teon is not any better. Get some good discs like verbatim, TY, Sony, etc and try again.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  5. mynameq

mynameq Member

the only reason i dont want to buy those brand name disks is that i can only find them in like packs of 25 at the least. If it doesnt work, i'll have a stack of disks i'll probably never use. but i'll try to find someone who can lend me one. thx.

one more question: what kind of disk should i use? i know it has to be a better quality disk, but does it have to be 4x, 8x, 16x, etc? and does it have to be dvd-r or dvd+r?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

speed doesn't really matter. -r are usually a little more compatible, but just because old ps2's couldn't read +r discs.

7. mynameq

mynameq Member

Now i dont think its because princo disks suck. i just tried playing a movie on my ps2 that was on a princo disk and it worked perfectly. any other idea why it doesn't work?

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Fine, don't listen to someone who has been in the backup game for years.

9. geomod

geomod Member

I think you should try burning on sony or vberbatim.

Some (I think most of)of the games that I burn on a princo did't work (at least on my ps2 , cuz sometimes the ps2 of a friend runs it) but when I burnt it on somy or better dvd's the game worked.

And don't worry if you bought 25 dvd's and you don't use it just try to burno some films (or anime is better ) XD .