1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! My Desktop Has Been Erased!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Alexand3r, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Alexand3r

Alexand3r Member

PLEASE READ THRU THIS I KNOW IT IS LONG BUT I NEEEEEEED HELP!!!Okay here is my plight... I had tried to install something on my windows Media Center Edition (XP) 2003 with service pack 2, when apperantly it had some kind of error. The next few days, it would stop running programs, freeze, and there wasn't the Media Center Start Menu Skin anymore. So, being the retard I am and not thinking of RESTORING MY FILES ANYHOW I went to the start menu and pressed on a button under Accesories > system tools > System Restore(I thinks...) And that was a little program that restarted your computer and restored all of the factory settings. Everything is still there, exept my desktop. Its gone. I know it wasnt deleted because I had at least 11GB on my desktop and before and after the restore My harddrive (c:) said 117GB/244GB remaining. So I thought well there just on my disc somewhere, went to search, typed in a file on my previous desktop, didnt find it. I know it wasnt erased because my memory is the same and I tried a deleted file thingy(a program where it seeks out all of your deleted files and such and you can later restore the ones you want) and zip zilch ZERO, still didnt find my files. Anyone know what to do or at least waht happened to my precious files? THanks in advance... ;')

2. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  3. Alexand3r

Alexand3r Member

Ya but I tried to go to System Restore and it said there were no provious restore points... :\

4. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  5. Alexand3r

Alexand3r Member

Aggh, okay, Ill use a folder on my hhd instead.

6. Alexand3r

Alexand3r Member

ANY1 KNO OF A PROGRAM THAT CAN HELP ME EXTRACT THOSE FILES or at least help me get them back? or anyone know how to get those files back manually? tnx much appreciated