1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help...my dvd burner is skipping during playback of a regular dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stone40, Dec 15, 2004.

1. stone40

stone40 Member

I recently purchased a Mad Dog Double Layer Dvd burner. When I play the dvd in dvd shrink and Direct Dvd, the audio and video skip about every second. The dvd's won't even play in DVDuck. If it's skipping during playback of a store bought dvd, how am i supposed to copy it with dvd shrink and nero. I'm running win98, with an old version of the pentium 3 (is this a problem)?

Any Feedback would be GREAT!!!!

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi stone40, welcome to aD,

You haven't told us all about your PC But my guess is it doesn't have the resources to play a DVD especially if you haven't freed up any. What I mean is, turn off everything except Explorer, Systray and My computer. then try to play the DVD. It may still skip but not so much, is what I would expect. The disc will still play in your standalone though and that's what counts -

You may have enough resources to backup a DVD but just barely. A friend of mine has a 550Ghz Pent III with 256 of RAM and it takes him about 8 hours without anything running. A screen saver come on and "crashed" his system. He cannot even use Word to type anything when encoding or burning BUT. if you want to do a DVD Backup, you have to be patient. (Lol)

Cheers,

Pete