1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! My DVD Drive and DVD burner not recognized anymore!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mattha423, Jun 28, 2007.

1. mattha423

mattha423 Member

Hi,

I'm running on Windows Vista 32-bit.

Anyway I had two partitions, C drive which has the main Vista OS. And another 40gb drive known as D drive named "Backup". Well "Backup" D drive was a logical partition, when I was about to delete it windows warned that other programs might be using it, but I deleted it anyways.

Why? because I wanted to dual boot Vista with Linux, having the empty 40gb left empty after deleting the D drive partition. I wanted Linux so I could do C++ programming under it for university work.

So anyways when I restarted my machine Windows could no longer recognize my 2 different DVD drives (one is read only, the 2nd one can burn). That is, my 2 DVD drives are not shown anymore:
    [​IMG]
    When I goto device properties I see:
    [​IMG]
    The Phillips and TssTCorp are my DVD drives.
    In it's properties, all of the above devices have error code 39:
    I have tried deleting the 3 devices, and scanning for hardware changes so Windows automatically installs new fresh drivers but instead I get this error after its attempt to re-install the 2 DVD drives:

[​IMG]

Please help!! BTW before I deleted the (D) Drive "Backup" logical partition, everything was working just fine.

Thanks for any help!

PS: It's a dell, and installing new DVD drive firmware updates is useless when it can't "see" that the 2 DVD drives exist.

2. mattha423

mattha423 Member

oh and BTW the bios does recognize both of the drives.

sata 0: my hdd
    sata 1: phillips DVD drive
    sata 2: TSST Corp DVD burner

3. mattha423

mattha423 Member

never mind the problem has been solved.

Reference:
    deleting the lower filter did the trick.