1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! My DVD-ROM/CDR/W does not work any more

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by pchauhan, Aug 25, 2004.

1. pchauhan

pchauhan Member

Hi All,

I have found this site very interesting and helpful and this is my first question. I did look everywhere on the forum to find the answer but cud not get any. So thot of posting my question.

I have a toshiba Satellite 1805-S274 notebook with a cdr/w dvd-rom drive SDR-2102. I upgraded my comp from home edition to xp pro and suddenly my drive does not recognize any cd or dvd. I cannot play any dvd movies nor can i access any cd-r/rw. I have been struggling on it for weeks trying to apply firmware updates suggested in this forum 1W17 but when i do that it gives a message saying firmware mismatch. the current firmware is 1317. Updated the bios, but I have the latest. Have not been able to anythiing to make it work. Please help me sort this problem. I would be really very grateful.

Thanks a lot guys in advance.

Chauhan

2. RWG

RWG Regular member

Try going into Control Panel and Removing the drive from your listed devices and let XP find it again. Check your computer support website for updated drivers and/or software.

luck-