1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! my first cd-rw

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by sbeckham, Jun 5, 2003.

1. sbeckham

sbeckham Member

I just got a 5 pack of cd-rws and i want to use them like floppy(hard) disks were i put info on it and delete it later. i have nero but i have no idea how to put the info on to a cd like that...i went to this emulation thing on it but it wouldnt read the cd in the drive...i inserted a regular cd-r and it picked up the cd..but i want it on a cd-rw so i can erase it later...can i erase on cd-r...if not how do i go about doing the process on a cd-rw...help greatly appreciated.

2. jimdrew

jimdrew Member

To do what you want, you need to format the disc (just lke you do a hard drive).

I use DirectCD for this (came with the computer, seems to work just fine for this purpose). There's probably other SW that'll do that as well. Do a search here and see if anyone's recommended something in the past.

Jim

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

With Nero go to 'Recorder' in the top task bar and then 'erase re-writable' option to erase the disc, then you can use again.