1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP my internet provider threatened me for downloading a movie!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by cmarks57, Feb 11, 2005.

1. cmarks57

cmarks57 Member

I just got a letter in the mail today from my internet service threatening me for downloading a bit torrent of a movie. Has anyone recieved such a notice and am I in big trouble? I don't know what to do. Thanks, cm

2. philipman

philipman Regular member

My friend got a letter like that, It is bad. I would not download movies for a while a long while until you change ip's.

3. bbthumper

bbthumper Guest

.......a few have received them letters here. It means your done with bit torrent. You can always get a different internet provider but I would NOT try to download any more if I was you. Sorry.........

4. impius

impius Member

how about posting the name of your provider so we don't change onto it ?
    Anyway , tell them to sue , they rely on your fear.

5. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

which provider is this?

DSL or Cable or T1 or T3 or OC3 or Dial Up?

6. cmarks57

cmarks57 Member

My internet provider is Henderson Municipal Power & Light, (Henderson, KY) and is a satellite connection. So I'm out the money for having the dish installed if I change providers. I'm not sure if anyone can tell what other information there is.

7. LGM

LGM Member

I got a better one... My service provider forwarded me an abuse notice for a file that I wasn't even sharing... Turns out one of the fake names of a file I was downloading corresponded to a name of a file they were trying to track...

C*l*mb** P*ct*r* *nd*str**s gets faked out by a fake ed2k link.

vowels removed to protect the stupid...

8. necronite

necronite Member

i didn't get a letter yet, but i know they're onto me. i have cable and they are capping me fiercely as to 'protect me from sending out adware/viruses.' They see the huge uploading I'm doing as a result from filesharing. The only filesharing I do is with uncopyrighted material (as of now, anyway). So they are trying to call me with their security team to solidy their suspicions. I better change providers before I get a letter I am certain to receive. And the sad thing is I just changed from DSL to cable, now I need to go back. Or... maybe they'd be ok if I shared non copyrighted material... what do you think? I use btefnet.net.

9. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

WTF? is this only for torrents?