1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! MY PICTURE QUALITY IS NOT GOOD

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by tarababes, Oct 6, 2007.

1. tarababes

tarababes Member

I have just bought a 42 inch pioneer hd ready plasma tv and I was just wondering is there a cable you can get from the starview box to the tv to improve the picture. Or is there any way of fine tuning it. The picture isn't great its a bit fuzzy. THANXXXX so much in advance.

2. Dinobot

Dinobot Member

What's the resolution of the TV specifically? Is it, like most "HD" TVs, 1366x768 or is it 1080? What kind of cable is it connected with now, and is the stuff you're watching HD? Generally, regular SD broadcasts will look a whole lot worse on an HDTV than they will on a normal TV.

3. tarababes

tarababes Member

Hi thanx for answering. Its a 1080 res and we are just using a scart to scart. We are not hooked up to hd yet.

4. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

standard TV looks like crap on plasmas/LCDs in order to get a good picture u gotta upgrade to HD packages from cable/satellite companies or u can get a OTA antenna for local channels and keep ur standard cable for everything else.....

5. MysticE

MysticE Active member

That's an over generalization. My older Panasonic EDTV (plasma)and newer Visio (LCD) both look fine with SD, the only downside is the adjustment to WS, which the Panasonic handles much better than the Visio.