1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! My PS2 Drive not staying closed!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by witness23, May 28, 2007.

1. witness23

witness23 Member

So... I opened up my Playstation 2 a while back. I cleaned out some dust and put everything back together. Games ran fine when it was open but, when I put it back together the drive gave me problems. I turn the power on for the PS2 and open the drive, I put a disc in and press the door eject button. The disc goes in and after about a second or two it come right back out. I tried without a disc and the same thing happens.

2. Sohn536

Sohn536 Regular member

maybe your disc tray is not locked. use the swap magic method to lock your disk tray back.

3. witness23

witness23 Member

Maybe, but, i don't know what the swap magic method is? Any help?

4. Sohn536

Sohn536 Regular member

5. witness23

witness23 Member

Ok, thanks. I'll try this and see if it works. Ill reply back if it doesn't.

6. witness23

witness23 Member

No Luck! I need help!

7. Sohn536

Sohn536 Regular member

could be that the clip that holds it shut has snapped or needs replacement now, or possibly something is in the way of it of going all the way in, try to open ur cd lazer drive case and see if anything is in there blocking it be sure to eject it after opening ur top of the ps2, then eject, then open the lazer drive to get the tray out of the way, be sure to check ur gears and such and if that doesnt work i would suggest having a friend who is good at modding and repairing or go get it repaired.

8. tigs07

tigs07 Member

hey mate i had the same problem its a white clip that your draw hold on 2 it would of come out and everytime u put the tray in this white clip moves across and locks the draw it is under the draw lil white moving thing moves left 2 right lift ya tray up at the back and push it back in takes some doing but u should do it :) hope it helps. dan

9. witness23

witness23 Member

ok ill try. I think i've already done this but i'll try again. I ll reply with results.