1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help my PSP...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by CoRn3tTo, Feb 22, 2007.

1. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

PSP (jap ver)(black) 2.70 with (ta-082).... i am reading stuffs here,,,so many ways how to downgrade and upgrade,,,what is the best and easy way to do with my psp,,,,my choice is (upgrade to 2.71,downgrade to 1.5,,upgrade to 3.02/3 OE-a/b/c) (FIRST)will it work with my psp? i am planning to buy 4 gig MS,,, so by the time i buy 4 gig,,,atleast i know what to do in my psp,,,, (SECOND) can u play any umd's game/video/audio if i already in 3.02 oe-a? (Third) what are the disadvantages/will not work when you do this,, thanx,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2. chick3n

chick3n Member

Why would you go to 3.02 oe-x? Why not 3.03 oe-x? Or possibly 3.10 oe-x? There are a lot of features added between 3.02 and 3.10 you might find useful. But anyway, after installing, the only bad thing is that to make room for other features (custom firmware only), LocationFree TV Player was removed from the XMB.

3. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

yes,,but before i go to 3.10....i need to go to 3.02 right? and then update/upgrade to 3.10 which i can find here also,,, and can it be back to normal/sony's firmware easily? im just making sure with my decision to downgrade because i think it is better, but can i still play any umd's and have no problem? thanx for the reply,,,,

4. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

the 2.71 downgrader is much easier because you don't have to go out and find the unpatched liberty city stories disk. and go with 3.03 oe-c as far as the custom firmwares go, I find its the better of the custom firmwares. The custom firmware can do all the things a sony firmware can do, with one exception, the location free player had to be disabled to fit the rest of the firmware on the flash. But not many people use it anyway, and it will eventually be fixed.

5. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

thanx,,,il be on 3.03 oe-c..if it is the best as of now,,,and location player,,,thats ok,,coz i don't need it anyways,,, so if i encounter probs,,,downgrading,,, hope you could me help again,,, il post again if i already downgraded,,,and thanx for the info,,,chick3n and canuckerz