1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help...my store bought dvd's are skipping in dvd shrink (when i preview)

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by stone40, Dec 15, 2004.

1. stone40

stone40 Member

I recently purchased a Mad Dog Double Layer Dvd burner. When I play the dvd in dvd shrink and Direct Dvd, the audio and video skip about every second. The dvd's won't even play in DVDuck. If it's skipping during playback of a store bought dvd, how am i supposed to copy it with dvd shrink and nero. I'm running win98, with an old version of the pentium 3 (is this a problem)?

Any Feedback would be GREAT!!!!

2. radiofree

radiofree Member

I would think your win98 is a bigger problem than your pentium 3; unless it is extremely slow and you have very little ram. Hardware performance can certainly make playback choppy; although out-dated software can really gum up the works fast - I would consider upgrading your system (software side) before you start targeting dvd shrink as the issue. If you tell us your hardware stats we may be able to help you out more.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Howdt stone40, welcome to aD,

Ignore the "choppiness" / freezing, etc in the preview window. It is what it is - a preview window. It's to give you a rough idea of what you have not for you to enjoy the show. Use your PC's player OR your TV for that -

Relax, take a pill, enjoy the Holiday season (By the way, Iffin you find the right combo of pills and relaxing, let me know - I need a rest (Lol)

Cheers,

Pete