1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, my v1.6 Xbox is flashing red and green...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PrincoR, May 3, 2005.

1. PrincoR

PrincoR Member

Well, if anybody read my other post, I finally found another LAD0 point on the top of my Xbox, and I got the wire soldered and was pumped to get ready and start it up.

Now when the Xbox boots up, it does the 3x reboot sequence and then starts blinking red and green. Why is it doing this?

P.S. I did not do the LPC rebuild, just did the wire install.

2. PrincoR

PrincoR Member

Well, thx for all of your input and thoughts guys. I'm headin to Xbox-Scene, later!

3. zeno60

zeno60 Member

Have fun reading all the articles telling you NOT to mod your v1.6 xbox.

4. jealousjo

jealousjo Guest

considering you have the right chip for the right xbox, resolder all your points and be very careful with the D0 point. Diligence and attention to Detail!!

My box FRAGged the very first time and this was the remedy i had.
    good luck

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

zeno60, modding 1.6 Xbox's are simple, have you ever attempted to install a chip into a 1.6 box?

PrincoR, I bet you any money I know what your problem is. Did you flash it with the X3 v1.6 bios or the regular X3 bios? Whenever you flash a ver 1.6 Xbox with the regular X3 bios, it will do the 3x reboot thing to red and green flashing lights. So flash it with the 1.6 bios and I bet it works!

6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

his problem is that he didn't rebuild the lpc...what a dipshit, and he even says that he didn't, and now wonders why his chip and xbox aren't working.

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, we'll wait and see. I have done both the wire install and the LPC rebuild install, and both have worked fine for me. If he has any skill at soldering then he'll be fine with the wire install....

Also, just to add a little comment about the wire install method; a lot of people on Team Xecuters forums say to use the wire install over the LPC rebuild, I don't know why they say to do that but I have seen it recommended by many high ranked members.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2005
  8. mdsup

mdsup Guest

if you do the wire install, don't you still have to rebuild the lpc?

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

mdsup, in his first post he said that he had to use the top LAD0 point, so I can almost guarantee he has done the LPC rebuild points.

I just did the same thing in my post, I forgot to say board after LPC rebuild.

So here is what my post should have said above:

"Well, we'll wait and see. I have done both the wire install and the LPC rebuild [bold]board[/bold] install, and both have worked fine for me. If he has any skill at soldering then he'll be fine with the wire install....

Also, just to add a little comment about the wire install method; a lot of people on Team Xecuters forums say to use the wire install over the LPC rebuild [bold]board[/bold], I don't know why they say to do that but I have seen it recommended by many high ranked members."

Sorry to confuse you mdsup! I wasn't thinkin.....

And yeah, you still need to rebuild the LPC points if using the wire install method.

10. PrincoR

PrincoR Member

Well thx for the replies, but I did finally figure out my problem. It was exactly as pimpdawg said, I didn't flash with the ver 1.6 X3 bios. And yes, I did rebuild my LPC points, why wouldn't I have?