1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help.. need advice

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by webbs, Apr 9, 2007.

1. webbs

webbs Member

hello
    i need your advice

i have the following things:
    -chubby ps2 (not modded)
    -swapmagic 3.6 CD (not DVD)
    -usb stick 512 mb
    -memory card 8 mb
    i've allready installed ulauncher on my mc
    now i want to play backup dvd's, but i cant get it working.. with cogswap or dvd/cd loader
    can anybody help me with this..

i want to buy an external harddisk for my pc and was wondering or i can use this for my ps2 as well to load games..
    if this is possible.. which harddisk would you recommend and which programs/elfs do i have to use

2. level_42

level_42 Member

Chances are you will NOT be able to use the HDD for both the PC and the PS2, becasue they are differennt formats.

My suggestion for the loading iso's trouble would be to buy a HDD.

200GB usually will run you about $70 CND - This is about 50 loaded games.

Then you will have no more need for disk's, you can just boot HD Loader and run the games off your HDD.

Its easy to install "Origonal" games into the HDD, and you can even transfer ISO's from a computer via FTP!

Its REALLY great, When games are played off the HDD theres less skipping, choppy play, and games load times are MUCH faster.!

Good Luck, If you decide to get a HDD for the PS2 you will also need the PS2 Network Adapter. These can be tricky to find, so I would suggest looking at Ebay or your local *Used* video game stores :)