1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! need alternate solder point (4) WII KEY install

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by UEX, Jun 16, 2007.

1. UEX

UEX Guest

Yes yes ive lifted a pad, oops. Where does the track lead i cant make it out on the board, its pad 4 going by the official diagram.

Help!

TYIA

2. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

I would ask how to replace a ripped out wire track from the board, do you use solder?

3. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

I did the same thing, not sure which # pad it was but you have to follow where the pad leads to, you'll probably need a magnifying glass cause it'll bug your eyes out, but it should probably lead to that black chip on the mother board, its hard as shit to solder the wire on that without bridging another contact but I got mine working so theres still hope for you

4. kalusus

kalusus Member

if your gonna solder that really small spot, make sure to use flux it helps bond the points better/easier. you also have to be careful not to bridge two pins. put a small bed of solder on the pin, and tin the wire, then all you have to do is heat and bond them together with the iron. this makes it easier dont you think?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  6. UEX

UEX Guest

Awesome! Thanks a lot guys! Im gonne redo with a wires install i think and solder all points. What gauge wire would ya'll reccommend?

Better find my metal file too cos my irons gonna need a pinsharp tip!

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

30 gauge wire is recommended.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007