1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Need help with no-solder swap chip.

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by nouseforO, Sep 21, 2003.

1. nouseforO

nouseforO Member

Okay, so call me an idiot, but I may have destroyed my JPS2.

First things first: I have a Japanese PS2, model 30007R. I got it last summer from ncsx, and I've had no problems with the machine. It does however, for some odd reason, play region 3 DVDs.

Anyhow, I got it in my mind somehow to get a no-solder modchip with Swap Magic (Japanese build) discs. I opened up the PS2, connected both the reset/eject ribbon + the adjacent, smaller one to the chip and plugged the chip in. I had everything running fine, but when I tried doing the swap trick - it was a no go. So, the PS2 was still working, but the mod wasn't.

I read somewhere online that you should pop out the eject and power buttons, so I did such in hopes of getting the mod to work. Unfortunately, now the PS2 does not turn on at all. I still have it in pieces and I kept trying to tighten the ribbons and plug them in tighter to get it to run. The power light isn't turning on. I'm figuring maybe I damaged the ribbon somehow, or something got loose while I was playing with it. Either way... I'm in a bad situation now.

I'm wondering what my options are now. Where can I go from here and what can I try?

Gentleman, I leave my (PS2's) fate in your hands. Thanks for all your help in advance.

2. nouseforO

nouseforO Member

Whoops!

Now I really feel dumb. Could a mod please move this to the PS2 forum? Thanks.