1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help need info, PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by urmymom, Jan 18, 2005.

1. urmymom

urmymom Member

after reading, i have heard about the swap magic and the fliptop lid also about the DMS4 PRO chip. which is the best way to go? there are so many choices and not sure which is the best way to go..

with swap magic and fliptop lid you can play backed up games? the same is also true with the mod chip? what are each limitations?

i have ps2 with hd advance, not modded. ps2 is only 3 month warranty and its over that, what is the best? slide card/open top/mod chip? i am backing up my kids games so they have to be able to use it, which is best.
    is it easier to just put in the mod chip?

also, if modding is the way, where is the best/respectable place to purchase?

i am trying to install nfl streets 2 and ghost recon 2. none of which will work with hdadvance. i hear nfl2 needs a patch. and gr2 i tried on mode 3...

I anyone can point me in the right direction.

any help would be appreciated...

thanks

jackie

2. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

i dont even know with version of ps2 u have but go for swap magic with slidecard, fliptops are not worth there money , just a peace of plastic crap , so is the slide card....but u can make that ure own so then go for only the swapmagic dvd and cd

3. hursty

hursty Active member

my advice to you is find someone to fit a soldered modchip.there are NO limitations,and are so easy to use,
    its just like puting a original disc in.
    the price will you pay will be more,but worth the few extra quid.
    dms4
    matrix infinity
    messiah 2

swapmagic can be fiddly,especially for young children
    hope this helps
    with kind regards hursty

4. urmymom

urmymom Member

hursty:

i have model 50001. which would be the best mod chip? and this would mean to cd switching? i like that idea better.

any recommendations on where to buy?

jackie

5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

DMS4 mod-chip, but you didn't want to risk soldering one into your PS2 console? Well, now you can have the best of BOTH worlds-
    introducing the DMS4 E.Z.I. (Effort Zero Installation), the world´s first truly solderless mod-chip for the PS2 console! After 18 months of exhausting development using the latest in Japanese Micro Molding Technology, the DMS4 Team has achieved what most said to be impossible- a 100% solderless, auto-boot/auto-detect, and truly intelligent and revolutionary mod-chip for PS2!

Connection is achieved through a DSP (Digital Signal Processor) clip, BIOS clip, and Eject signal FFC adapter facilitating ease of connection through Plug and Play Technology. The E.Z.I. Lite and Pro are the first chips developed that successfully implement an advanced signal integrity detection system, and include an E.Z.I. LED panel to display the signal status of each and every signal required for successful patching.

The self-test system will display a Green LED status for each and every pin which is correctly connected to the PS2, and a Red LED will indicate to the user that he has not connected the BIOS, DSP, or Eject connection assemblies correctly, and identify precisely which terminal has an issue too! Of course the DMS4 E.Z.I. mod-chips preserve the full array of features offered by their solder installation brethren: The 2MB flash memory offered by the Pro is more than sufficient for storage and management of many Homebrew applications, whilst the Lite version allows the user to auto boot all media types and manage applications through DEV.olution Mode 1 or 2.

Finally, the PS2 E.Z.I. mod-chips include everything required to connect to PS2 versions v5-v11, and a PSTwo (v12) version is under development for release early in the new year as well! The DMS4 E.Z.I. chips go on sale at the end of November, and those interested can PRE-ORDER yours shortly from www.Divineo.com!

6. urmymom

urmymom Member

i have to wait until November 2005 for this?

any other suggestions? how is the DMS4 Pro? My husband can solder it in..

why are the flip tops not good? arent they like the original ps1?

i appreciate everyone/anyones input for this newbie, but hey i figured out hdadvance with the hard drive. so this should be a piece of cake...

i do have one more question and i promise this will be it. lol

can you use a mod chip with ps2 that has the hdadvance and hard drive? can you use the slidecard/swap with it? or is the modchip/ swap magic (not sure which one yet) going in the other ps2? i bought 2 ps2 before they switched to the SLIMLINE. because the harddrives for the slimline were outrageous

thanks again

if anyone has links that they could provide instead of typing that would be great also....

jackie

7. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

No that was 2004 not 2005,
    the dms4 e.z.i. chips are out.

Its the first no solder no swap chip,
    That doesnt burn out fuses
    (I would not recommend any other no-solder chip for that reason)

(if you husband is skilled at soldering
    then get a real modchip)
    Also i suggest getting a 15W soldering iron, no-corrosive flux, de-solder braid, and a 0.1mm iron tip. As well as 30 AWG kynar wire and 22 AWG wire for the ground and 3v3 connections.
    (there are a lot of choices
    http://www.xmodd.com/ps2.htm <---Good respectable place to order from
    http://www.norcalmods.com/install.html <----Good Modchip diagram (Good idea of how much soldering and wires for each chip here) and another good place to purchase from
    Modchip is better no doubt about it.

But i use swap magic 3.3
    http://www.swapmagic3.com
    combine that with the flip top kit.
    And you will playing backups in no time.

Good luck

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  8. urmymom

urmymom Member

do you just use

But i use swap magic 3.3

combine that with the flip top kit.
    And you will playing backups in no time.

and nothing else? i am trying to figure out which is better for my situation.

less work the better.

the reason that i am even looking into mod chip/ swap is because i tried to put nfl2 and ghost recon 2 on the hard drive with hdadvance and they both wont work. one needs a patch, but i am assuming that you need a moded ps2 for this.

i looked here and it looks like the DMS4 E.Z.I still hasnt been release. people are still waiting.
    http://web02063.prolocation.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=19279bef05d5ad7a6aa2ba3ce0c6495f
    i guess its going to be swap magic and a flip top.....
    arrrrrgggggghhhhhh

jackie

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  9. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Yes swap magic and fliptop is all you need to play backups or load games from the hd.
    (before you load any backup you have to first put
    in the swap magic disk (cd for a cd backups or sm dvd for dvd backups)
    However,If your Kids are going to be using it the
    most i would again recommend a modchip beacuse the swap magic maybe a little tricky for children to understand
    and to not damage the console.
    And with a modchip backuos load just like originals
    no tricks or swapping (easier for kids)

Good luck

10. urmymom

urmymom Member

thank you for all your responses..... and all your help. i guess i will be waiting for the DMS4 E.Z.I (which i assume is going to be soon) to come out, but i will show him the DMS4 mod-chip, which is for the 50001

glad i dont have the new ps2, they look really bad i have bookmarked the site and will check back regularly....

thank you for helping out this newbie and having a lot of patience...

jackie