1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HElp need to burn cd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by str_007, Oct 31, 2004.

1. str_007

str_007 Member

Hi,
    I have downloaded some divx movies and trying to burn them on 700mb cd how can i do this. I tried nero 6 but it says file is too big to be burned help me please.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Alas, a 700 MB AVI is a compressed movie (e.g. with DivX) can become 1,200 MB Video-CD MPEG! You have to decode it with TMPGenc and do settings__advenced__ Select Range twice (0--->Frame for CD1; Frame+1-->end (set -1 and it will decode till the end by default) for CD2; about 78-80 movie fit into a 80' CD).
    Just be careful: the 'Range' on the AVIs is strange. It supposes 30 fps but the NTSC movies' fps is 23.976 and the PAL movies's fps is 25! Therefore by looking at 'select range' you can overestimate about 30/25 or 30/23.976 (this desappears when it starts encoding: TMPGenc shows: 0/end_frame up end_frame/end_frame in the main screen, correctly).
    A good range of fps for a PAL movie is < 118,000. On an AVI ths must be encreased 30/25=1.2 times therefore you can select range on an AVI up to 140,000 frames (it shows: N frames @30 fps in the upper left of the window).
    Read the 'sticky' thread about the 'maximum .MPG that can fit into a CD' to learn more about that (why 118,000/140,000 frames? and so on).
    Second: DO-NOT-USE-NERO! Load the encodeds MPEGs (CD1 and CD2) with VCDGear and make 'mpg --> bin/cue" twice, finally burn the bin/cue sets with what the application that you like most (even Nero, now).
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2004
  3. str_007

str_007 Member

Hi,
    by doing this will I be able to play the movie in my dvd player. and Tmpgenc is it a software? I don't know much about burning and computer stuff so if you can explain me in detail how to work this out I will be very grateful.

Thank You

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Yest, TMPGenc is THE Video software.
    1. enable a wizard (if it is'nt already enabled do File__Project Wizard).
    2. choose the type of CD you want to make (the safest and less expensive is VCD PAL/NTSC)
    3. load the movie and choose in the Wizard__Advanced settings Movie Search Precision at least High Quality (slow).
    4. Do in TMPGenc: Select_Range and make 2 movies (range: 0--->frame for CD1; range: Frame+1--->end (put -1 and by default it will go till the end of the movie) for CD2) if the movie is > 80', otherwise it will fit into a CD anyway.
    5. encode a/the brand new MPG/MPGs
    6. make a/two VCD bin/cue images with VCDGear
    7. burn the images with newo, CDRWin, Alcohol 120%...

If the movie had been a .MPG, you should have changed the output movie's name otherwise it will try to overwrite the input movie. If the movie is a file called 'video.AVI', the output movie, by default, will be named 'video.MPG').
    If you make something wrong and it starts encoding, just press 'stop' and 'Settings' to change some settiung. In the main screen you can also change the output movie name.
    After you restart, it will ask you if it can overwrite the old movie (of course you have to answer it 'Yes').
    If you still have problems, study a little. I cannot publish a full newbie-0-knowledge-guide in a day.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  5. str_007

str_007 Member

thanks I will try this

6. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

There is another program that I like to use to spilt and convert movies its called Cucusoft Video Converter. It is very simple to use. Just select they type of video file you would like to convert to. VCD, SVCD, DVD. Open the file you want to convert. You don't have to change any settings. There is an option to spilt the file too.

7. str_007

str_007 Member

Hi,
    Thanks I will try that one. Because I was having problems with the first one you told me "TmpGenc".

Thanks

str