1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP:Need to install 3.30OE currently have 3.03OE-C

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by skyda, Sep 18, 2007.

1. skyda

skyda Regular member

Hi guys, forgive me if this is posted somwhere else, i find it rather ackward searching through hundreds of pages that are too complex for my little mind to understand.

what i am trying to acheive>

I need firmware 3.30 OE or better so i can run a game called "Monster Hunter Freedom 2" without getting stupid errors saying "game could not be started" XD

What i have recently done>

When i first got my psp i stated with 1.50, soon i upgraded to Devhook 2.71 (which was flawless) then i soon moved to 3.03 OE-C (because many told me it was better than devhook :(...

So i have tried many different updates and it seems i cant get a succesful firmware install, its been awhile since i last installed any firmware, so im not sure if im doing anything wrong..

but most the time when trying to update firmware i either get "corupted data" or game cannot be started.

this is how ive been installing>

I download the 3.30 Firmware EBOOT.PBP and put it in the 2GBMS>PSP>GAME>UPDATE directory in usb mode.

then i run my psp and and select the firmware update from the memorystick>game menu.

its just not working out for me..

all im trying to do is run newer psp ISos from my 2GB memorystick without issues...

so far i havent been able to play these 2 games>

Bleach and MonsterHunterFreedom 2..

please help me to get these games running, remmeber i currently have 3.03 OE-C installed, and everytime i start the game i get "Game cannot be started"

i just need guidence on how to install a firmware that will run these games, and solve my problem.

thanks

2. psp35

psp35 Regular member

just upgrade to 3.52 m33. thatll fix all your problems.

if you need a tut just ask.

3. skyda

skyda Regular member

okay thanks for the quick responce, it seems i found the solution to my own problem, i found this webpage>

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=383

which explains in step by step how to update system firmware from 3.03OE-C to 3.40OE-A

i now have 3.40OE-A but i still cant get the game to work!

Maybe the game is corrupt...

i will try 3.52 m33-a very soon. and prehaps i will download another version of "Monster hunter 2"