1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Need with Starview 2 Box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by cnewton, Feb 5, 2008.

1. cnewton

cnewton Member

Hi all

I am having a really bizzare problem setting up my dads Starview box 2 (its an original not a clone) When i set it up it scans and gets all channels perfectly, however when i connect it to his DVD recorder and try and record from it i get a great picture but NO sound at all.

He had a freeview box in and he could record of that, all we did was unplug his freeview box and put the same scarts etc in the starview box the same way.

The only difference we have noticed is we have a cable coming from the outside aerial that used to go into the Tv out socket on the freeview box, but the starview box does not have one of these despite saying in the instructions is does.

So basically we have, scart going from tv to back of starview box, scart going from back of starview box to back of DVD recorder, and a cable going from cable output port on Staview box to back of DVD recorder.

Sorry if this sounds confusing but does anyone know what we are doing wrong??

Thanks for any help

Chris

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    This is how mine is wired, if it helps. Presuming your DVD Recorder has 2 scart sockets at the back.
    One scart lead out from Starview to input of DVD Recorder, one scart lead from output of DVD recorder to input on TV scart. This still works and passes the Starview signal through even if DVD Recorder is off.
    jbvid

3. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

PS You don't need the coax aerial cable connecting at all.

jbvid

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Sorry for butting in :)

Yes you need 3 scart leads in total

SV to TV
    DVD to TV
    SV to DVD