1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed. Burning home video to DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Scroat, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Scroat

Scroat Guest

Hi all. I'm trying to burn home movies to DVD-R but experiencing "skipping" problems. It seems to drop frames about every other second which also seems to knock the audio out of sync too (although quality is great). Everything else seems to be working ok and the autohring software says it burnt DVD ok....

The gear I'm using is
    Sony DRU500A writer
    Sonic MYDVD Ver4
    White Label 4.7gb DVD-R disks

My guess is the software isn't that good and I need to buy different package. If so can anyone suggest one please!!!

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

My guess is that your White Label 49p discs are letting you down. I suggest you dont buy grade B material and instead buy grade A Ritek's. Also, use DVD Shrink to rip and compress and see how it goes. It is free. Here is the url to downlaod is and the user guide:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk

Click on User Guides >> DVD Shrink

Chris

3. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Are you running into the "skipping" on the final product, or when you are capturing the video to the hard drive?

4. Scroat

Scroat Guest

Thanks Oriphus. I have tried some Memorex DVD-R disks (at £1.34 a throw!) thinking expensive means good...25 out of 25 coasters!! So bought these cheap ones and they seemed to work (the Memorex ones refused to burn and read properly) but just have this frame prob. Think I'll buy some Ritek's!...thanks for advice!

5. Scroat

Scroat Guest

To Ken0042...hhmmm just looked at captured mpeg and it seems to be skipping on the harddrive too...guess its software then??...

6. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I ran into the same problem. My solution ended up not being cheap. I spent $800 (£350) on a Panasonic stand alone DVD Recorder.

It could be a problem with your capture software, or it could be a problem with your card. I tried a few different programs and had unsatisfactory results. I don't use my computer for gaming so I couldn't justify buying a new video card.