1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Help needed downgrading from CFW to OFW 3.55

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by waleed, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waleed

waleed Newbie

Help needed please..
    i have a ps3 slim 320 GB model.
    im new to ps3 hacking, bought a ps3 online here in my area and it already has custom firmware installed.
    attached is the system settings image that shows my ps3's cfw version.
    now the problem is that i want to know which cfw is this, rogero?? habib? or any other.. because i want to update it or atleast want to know what i have in my machine for future cfw upgrades..
    also another problem is that i cant understand on various threads that how i can downgrade from this cfw to official 3.55 firmware,, there are some ways but what i understand from them is that i first have to know which cfw i have in my machine then downgrade accordingly for example if i have rogero cfw then i must use rogero downgrader pup..
    please help is greatly appreciated..

Now what i need to know is that how can i downgrade to 3.55 ofw with this unknown cfw version and after that how would i be able to install cfw from ofw.. installing cfw after downgrading is easy my main problem is to get back to ofw 3.55 from this unknown cfw i have on my machine..

also my usage from this ps3 would be playing backups only.. so please suggest me most stable and updated cfw for my machine..
    waiting anxiously for any help :)

Attached Files:

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Are you sure that you have custom firmware?
    If you are you are on 4.55 CFW, which means you can install any CFW you want, as long as it is higher than yours, so any of the 4.70 CFWs, for example.
    You can't downgrade back to 3.55 official, as far as I know (please correct me if I am wrong), but you can downgrade to a 3.55 Rogero version that was especially created for this purpose. But YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

Actually, one way to find out which custom firmware you're on is to check the start screen (the wave) before the Epilepsy Warning is shown. For every custom firmware I had so far the devs changed the official PS3 logo with their CFW name.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    waleed likes this.
  3. waleed

waleed Newbie

first of all thanks for replying.. and yes im sure ive rogero 4.55 thanks to you i checked it on startup it says rogero and in settings it says 4.55 version that means im on rogero 4.55 cfw.
    now i want to install REBUG cfw in my machine.. can you help me about downgrading current rogero 4.55 cfw and all the necessary steps to upgrade to rebug's latest cfw.. any help would b highly appreciated.. :)

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Just download Rebug 4.70 Rex edition here:
    http://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-70-1-cobra-7-1-toolbox-2-02-04-apr-2015/
    You can of course download the zip-file, but it just contains this download link:
    http://scmods.com/rebug/firmware/REBUG_4.70.1_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP
    After you downloaded it, rename the PUP file to PS3UPDAT.PUP, take a USB stick that is FAT32 formatted, create a folder in the root and name it PS3, then go into that folder, create a folder in it and name it UPDATE (in capital letters), then take the PS3UPDAT.PUP and copy it into that last folder. You can also download Rebug toolbox (you need it to activate cobra/webman) and place the .pkg file in the root of your memory stick. Link can be found on rebug's website. Then connect the USB stick to your PS3 and apply the update as you would do with an official one, either via system settings or via service menue. When you're done install the toolbox via package file installer.

waleed likes this.
  5. waleed

waleed Newbie

first of all thanks alot for help..
    i understood all the steps and would follow these and ill share the progress here.. but one question still confuses..
    why people are advising on different forums to double QA FLAG console first after downgrading and befoere updating it to Rebug Rex. is it necessary? what if i dont downgrade and Qflag and then upgrade.. instead i just upgrade from rogero 4.55 direct to rebug 4.70?? just a little help on this and the problem would b solved.. i highly appreciate ur effort helping me out with this problem man! hats off!!

waiting for ur reply on this Qflagging thing..
    and what if i just upgrade using XMB to Rebug 4.70 and then after installing rebug tool box, Qflag my console from there.. is that necessary?? basically i cant reall understnd the necessity of Q flagging..

6. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

For all I know QA flag is mostly for dev stuff or when you try to downgrade (as far as I know with QA flag set the firmware ignores the firmware number saved in SysCon on your mainboard). You can set QA flag any time you want, it may have already been set by the previous owner of your console. I'd set it as a safety feature, I personally once needed it when I accidentially activated dev mode on my PS3 and couldn't play games anymore (normally doesn't happen, I wanted to test a cfw that wasn't so common).

waleed likes this.
  7. waleed

waleed Newbie

Thanks alot for replying.. And sorry for late reply i was a lil busy..
    it means in my case i just have to
    1. Get rebug rex official firmware from their site say 4.70 or any cfw greater than my current 4.55 Rogero..
    2. Directly install it from xmb while being on rogero 4.55 cfw.
    3. Afterwards as a safety precaution QAflag my console using rebug toolbox
    and im good to go??
    correct me if i miss something..

And also one more thing , how can i play backup games in rebug as i read somewhere that multiman does not work in rebug.. so for that what software must i get installed in my machine?

8. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Just activate Cobra/WebMan with the Rebug toolbox. I don't know if Multiman works, I prefer webman.

waleed likes this.
  9. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

multiman doesn't work, I use iris man, I hate it as I was used to multiman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.