1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed dvd r media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by fsfd1, Sep 21, 2004.

1. fsfd1

fsfd1 Member

what is better and what dwould you say for me to get
    DATARITE DVD-R (25PACK) YELLOW - RITEK
    or
    4 x RiDisc - DVD-R (25PACK) - (RITEK DYE
    or
    4 x RITEK G04 - DVD-R (25PACK) OVERPRINTS
    (RED/ORANGE)

the members of afterdawn always no best so i will follow what they say
    cheers

2. totos

totos Guest

All of the brands you mentioned, are mixed grades... so you dont ever know what you'll get.

If you want guarantedd A grade Riteks, buy only Ridata, Traxdata DVDs.

Also if you are in the UK, you can visit http://www.dvd-and-media.com , for CloneDisc (A grade Ritek as well)

3. Ortha

Ortha Guest

A decent store for all types of blank media is http://www.dvdr.co.uk They have all the big brands and a few budget ones too. For guaranteed results I would recommend their [bold]SONY 4X media.[/bold] I've used it in my duplication towers ever since I found it. Comes on spindles of 100, Solid media.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2004
  4. totos

totos Guest

Nice link Ortha.

But why buy Sony, when they have TDK 4X (TY) and Verbatim (if it is MCC) cheaper, which are far superior quality... ;)

5. Ortha

Ortha Guest

I like the sony media for a couple of reasons, firstly in my office we have 9 duplication towers housing some 70+ drives working like the clappers using sony media and I can barely remember a single failed burn. Secondly the printable surface on these discs is one of the best around. I'm not really a tech head but I see this stuff performing day in day out and it always cuts the ice. The media code is 'sony04d1'. Thanks for the advice tho- CHEERS!!