1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Needed: Extracting a Custom Theme from the PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by it_geek, Jun 11, 2014.

1. it_geek

it_geek Member

Hey guys,

As some of you might know I have a second-hand PSP-1000 running on custom firmware 3.71 M33-2.
    There's a really awesome custom theme that was left behind by the previous owner, although I have no idea what the source and origin really is. Is it possible to extract this custom theme from the PSP for use on other PSPs with the same firmware? Also, can this custom theme for use with the 3.71 version of the firmware also usable with the latest firmware, 6.60?

I am thinking that the file is located in flash1 -> custom_theme.dat, but can I rename this file's extension to ptf, place on the theme folder of the memory stick, plug it into another PSP and use the custom theme there too?

If all of this is not possible I will upload a picture of the theme, and see if you can identify it.

Many thanks! Help is appreciated ^_^ - it_geek.

<<UPDATE>>
    I have confirmed that the file I have extracted from flash1 can be reused on other PSPs.

However, I need to know if the theme for use on a 3.71 M33-2 be used on a 6.60 ME.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014