1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed for Starview box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Chari53, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Chari53

Chari53 Member

Hello everyone I'm new here and new to these boxes

Firsty I bought a dbox1 of ebay and realised I was scammed. I have now got a Starview box of a friend and plugged straight in and scanned for channels. I have managed to get 1movie channel, E4+1, MTV, Celtic Tv and a few others. I have not managed to pick up any sports channels apart from Eurosport.

Someone told me that Starview boxes have been zapped and do not work anymore? If this was the case how am I still getting some channels.
    Do you need to enter codes all the time?

Cheers for any help

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

fist to get all channels make sure you scan when you have your box connected to the main cable not a split one.next about the codes you need to put codes in to get all you channels or update the firmware (flash).and go to main menu press 1570 and turmn emu on.then go to system information and tell me what the api is.

3. Chari53

Chari53 Member

I have managed to get all the channels now. woooohooo

I pressed 1570 then put in codes for telepest and made sure EMu was turned on and this done the trick.

I read in the instructions that they change the codes all the time. Will I need to keep checking on the net for codes everytime they change the codes or is there no auto update?

I have a Sagem Dbox2 on its way from Germany just now. Would I be better holding to starview box or use the sagem?

Cheers again for help

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

from what i heard the dbox is better but hold on to your starview untill you have your dbox up and running.

and you can update your starview so it auto updates.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2007
  5. Chari53

Chari53 Member

System info

API ver : 2.57e_E
    Boot Version : 7.0

6. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

yeah there are two new firmwares(api) v4 or 2.57 fix.one is for clone boxs and the other is for genuine boxs

7. Chari53

Chari53 Member

How can you tell if its real? Would I better updating software? Can you flash software on to these boxes when you use a Mac?

8. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

if you c;ick on my name it will bring you to my profile i have pics of real v clone images.and i don't think you can flash a starview using a mac

9. Chari53

Chari53 Member

Looking at your pics my remote is real and my box is a clone. It came in the box which looks official along with official looking manual.

I have access to a PC so could update.

10. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

if you box looks like a clone your better off playing it safe with 2.57 fix.so you should update its less hassle then going looking for keys all the time.

11. Chari53

Chari53 Member

I see the link on your signature so will try this week. Thanks for help you're a star!!

12. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

no prob :)

13. gord1512

gord1512 Member

14. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

1570 is to get to the secret menu , this cannot be changed

15. collyjim

collyjim Member

i have a clone starview judging by the pictures on this site and i seem to get a lot of freezing/distortion on a lot of channels. i now realise that the bad channels all seem to be on certain frequencies(323000khz,371500khz,379500khz on n*l ireland). i've tried flashing new firmware several times but with same results, my current firmware is 2.57e fixed. my cable is split also. can anyone tell me why this is happening(maybe weak signal, maybe clone box itself) and how to fix it if possible? thanks in advance

16. trowl

trowl Member

hi i just got a starview box i do get alot of channels but on the movie channels the virgin logo comes up and asks me 4 a pin but i havnt got the tv just the internat can i get the channels or wil i have 2 subscribe 2 the tv

17. pitch9

pitch9 Member

would welcome some advice - installed starview using info taken from this thread but all I am now getting is info box telling me it is downloading data. can anyone help?

18. Chari53

Chari53 Member

Why dont they fit these boxes with ethernet?? My PC doesnt have the R bla bla port. What are you supposed to do?

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=29968&DOY=17m6&tabs=n

Do not mix a USB to Serial Cable when its USB to Serial Port Cable that is required.Some people get this wrong when asking. You can also get these in Maplins. You then have the required Port to connect the Null Modem Cable to.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  20. Chari53

Chari53 Member