1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed for swap magic 3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nelberto, Mar 16, 2005.

1. nelberto

nelberto Member

Hi people,I have swap magic 3 and new ps2.When I back up games most of them work but some either dont work or they freeze for ages and loading times are very long???.Games that have worked perfect include fifa 05,nba 05,the punisher and a couple of others.If any of you have any info that could help me please let me know thanx:)

2. steimy

steimy Active member

what games are you having problems with?
    Are they back ups of original games?
    Is it all on the same media?
    That would help us help you.

3. nelberto

nelberto Member

Allright stiemy,my friend has around 40 back ups and I was borrowing them of him and trying to copie them.
    I use ritek go4 discs and The game that I have had loads of coasters with is operation snowblind.I use dvd decrypter!!.

4. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

Heard a lot of people having problems with ritek go4. Try to use a different media,especially brand names since they are pretty cheap these days.

5. okboz

okboz Regular member

No problems whatsoever with ritek go4 discs so dont listen to that reply. I have had 100% success rate with GO4 discs and swap magic 3.3. What you dont want to do is use rubbish like datasafe discs. I have version 7 ps2, burn at 2x. Obviously it will depend on your ps2 for best results

6. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

just ssaying i heard a lot people having problems with ritek. I use ritek also to burn movies and sometimes there's problem.There's no harm of trying to use different brands.The guy is asking for any ideas.why flame somebody's idea if it's not u who r having a problem.

7. nelberto

nelberto Member

cheers for the advice i will try new media.Does + or - make a difference,as i have been using +??.

8. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

If you can borrow from somebody a piece of each(+/-) and try tu burn your game. See which one is working coz there r mix results regarding + or -.Like I said, i used ritek-r before but some games im having problem to burn so I tried Sony+r and so far so good.

9. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

Burn at 1x speed to make it less possible for errors. Try using better media. - is more compatible with players, especially older players, but I think + would be fine, they are the new wave of dvd lol. I would suggest -. Better yet, if your friend can lend you + or if u kan afford it, buy both to see which one works better. Make sure to search the forum to find good media to use. Best of all, take it ez...

10. steimy

steimy Active member

+R or -R, that is the question.
    Well you will hear people who use both types. It is whatever works best for you with your PS2 and burner.
    I use Phillips DVD-R 8X discs and they work every time and have no video or audio problems. Ritec G04 i have seen a lot of people using too.
    My burner and PS2 can use either, i have some that i did on Memorex 4X +R discs and they work fine. Try to get single discs or a 5 pack of a few different types and use what works best.

11. nelberto

nelberto Member

cheers people i will let yall know the results:)