1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed please :)

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by emsylw, Jun 4, 2003.

1. emsylw

emsylw Guest

I have downloaded a film from the internet and have put it on a dvd. I have got the codec thing so it plays on my pc, but it won't play in my dvd player. does anyone know how I can get it to work, thanks

Emma

2. emsylw

emsylw Guest

sorry, didn't mean to post twice

3. kbuegel

kbuegel Member

video on a DVD has to be in the VIDEO_TS folder, and you need a VIDEO_TS.IFO file for the DVD player to find first, then that will point it to the .vob files.

So, if you just put an MPEG2 file on a DVD direclty, it will not work. Best plan is to use a DVD authoring sotware which will import your video and export DVD-ready files which can be burnt to DVD with Nero or whatever. I like Ulead's DVD Factory 2.0, which has a 30-day full-featured trial version you can download.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Actually, more likely is that the Movie you downloaded is in Mpeg4 format. Kbuegel is right in what he says bout Mpeg2. However, you will have to convert it first using TMPCEng to Mpeg 4. DivX and Xvid won't work on normal DVD Players