1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed plz

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by john_76, Feb 13, 2005.

1. john_76

john_76 Guest

i have Troy on DVD & when i play it with my ps2 it works and then when i try to play in in my computer(i got dvd player in my computer) the dvd didnt load and didnt play.when i try to burn it it says copy protected.my question is is there a way i can burn this dvd?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2005
  2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

a) you need DVD Player software on your PC , something like PowerDVD or WinDVD

b) you'll need to use something like DVD Decrypter (which is free btw) to remove copy protection ... after which you'll have to compress to 4.36Gb so as to fit on blank media.

c) use DVD Shrink to author/compress

hit GUIDE tab at the top of this page

3. john_76

john_76 Guest

i got powerdvd in my pc still the dvd dosent load.
    i tried dvd decrypter and it cant even recognize the dvd.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

What brand and model PC are you using and what brand and model is the DVD drive you're putting the DVD in?

5. john_76

john_76 Guest

i am using pentium 4 win xp.dvd burner is called lg super multi rw dvd burner.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Brand and model, not the product description. For a burner it would read something like Plextor 716SA only we need the info for the one you have. The PC would read something like Dell 4700 only for your equipment whether it be Compaq, Sony, Gateway or whatever.

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

So when you 'apparently' went to burn it John [as you said it gave a copy protectetion error] ... what had you used to decrypt/rip it to your HDD ??

[bold]brobear[/bold] , cleaned up your 6 multi-post bonanza btw - lol ; )

8. john_76

john_76 Guest

i mean when i try to decrypt it to my hdd it gives me the erroy of copy protected.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Look over the DVD Decrypter guide at http://www.dvdshrink.info/dvd-decrypter.php , it is a quick start virtual guide that should give you an idea of how DVD Decrypter works. I can assure you that if you use DVD Decrypter properly, it will break the encryption on Troy and record those decrypted files to the hard drive. Just make sure you are using the latest version of DVD Decrypter http://www.dvddecrypter.com .

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2005