1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed, screen flickers

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by winzwong, Mar 23, 2005.

1. winzwong

winzwong Member

hi this is really a great forum, found many solutions to previous problems here.

this time, i have this problem in which after i burned a game from the source iso, the game starts alright, but the screen slickers madly.

reading some of the threads in this forum, i presume it is a PAL/NTSC problem. (or is it not?)

my ps2 has a mod chip, though i can't rem the name of the chip, it can play dvd-12 discs as well. my ps2 is a ntsc japan set, and my tv is also ntsc japan. since the mod chip is able to play games of any format, shouldn't PAL games work as well? or will it turn out as it did on an NTSC TV? i'm a bit confused about this.

if it really is a PAL/NTSC problem, any proven solutions to patch the game up? I have tried one program in a solution offered on a separate thread, but it didn't work.

by the way, i used Alcohol 120 and 4x speed (i can't choose 2x, i dunno why). the media is some unknown one... any chance it's because of the media too? well the game can start and all, but the screen just flickers...

any help is greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

the only time that i have had a game cause my screen to flicker is when i tried to play a PAL game on my NTSC system. Of course the new Swap Magic with the screen rate options solved that and stopped the flickering.
    If your mod chip really supports both then it shouldn't do that.
    I know that my DMS4 Pro chip can play both, and i have tested it on both types and they play just fine.