1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed to unlock Nokia 6230

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by rtecoh, Jun 11, 2007.

1. rtecoh

rtecoh Guest

Hey all,
    Can you please help me unlock Nokia 6230 phone locked to CINGULAR(USA)?. I have already tried it 3 times using unlock codes from a website but it didnt work.

Model : 6230b TYPE: RH-28

IMEI : 355032/00/089866/2

CODE: 0519868FM11TP

Cingular part #: 758478002711

FCC ID: QTKRH-28
    IC: 661AD-RH28

Thanks in advance.

2. NoLimit04

NoLimit04 Active member

#pw+852 491 177 006 602+1#

1. Insert a non accepted sim, most times it will show "Phone Restricted"
    2. Press the UNDO option
    3. You should see a box that says enter restriction code.
    4. Enter the code given and then press (OK)

3. rtecoh

rtecoh Guest

It didnt work with the sim inserted. Previously i used to get a message as "Phone restricted" with a blinking STOP sign but now i get the same message without a blinking STOP sign.

I tried without inserting the SIM card and followed the procedure outlined but it didnt work either. It said "Can't undo restriction".

Is there anyway it would work or is anything wrong with my phone?

Anyway thanks for your help.

4. NoLimit04

NoLimit04 Active member

That phone is hard locked and needs to be unlocked directly using equipment at your local shop.

5. rtecoh

rtecoh Guest

Can you give me an idea who would do it?.

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

can you tell me why I have to unlock my phone. What are the benifits?

I have Nokia 6126.

7. pazzini

pazzini Guest

What is unlocking:

To understand what ‘unlocking’ is you first need to know what ‘locking’ is. ‘Locking’ is accurately termed ‘SIM-locking’. SIM stands for Subscriber Identity Module. A network service provider lock or SIM-locking is used ensure that your phone will only work on one network; the one that you bought your phone from. If your phone is locked then it will not accept a SIM card from any other network. SIM-locking is essentially a barrier set up by the networks to switching suppliers. Handset manufacturers, at the request of mobile networks, lock handsets. The SIM card itself is not actually locked, you can use it with other handsets that are not locked to other networks.

If you wish to use your phone with a SIM Card from a different network, the phone needs to be unlocked. The removal of the lock would benefit competition. But more importantly, it would benefit YOU. Unlocking is the process of removing the service provider lock so that its possible to use SIM cards for other networks in your phone. Once unlocked your phone will also accept foreign SIM cards.

An unlocked phone can be used on all networks operating on the frequency it was designed for. For example, in the UK there are five major networks, Vodafone, O2, Orange, T-Mobile and Virgin. Vodafone and O2 operate on GSM900, while Orange, T-Mobile and Virgin operate on GSM1800. A UK dual band mobile phone can operate on GSM900 and GSM1800, therefore being capable of working on all networks.

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@pazzini

You are rock. Thank you for your reply. That is clear my head.

So the process to unlock Nokia phone are the same? Or they are different between models? What is the key you need to know in order to unlock the phone.

How do you know if you phone get unlocked?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2007
  9. pazzini

pazzini Guest

To generate the codes that we use takes many months of research. We strive to ensure that the codes we give work. All Nokia phones will unlock by a 15 digit code that either we or the network provider will provide. Certain models ie: BB5, Asic 11 and DCT4+ models can only be unlocked (code wise) by the network provider.

Every code is unique to the individuals IMEI number. The majority of models require a different BS (box serial) to unlock the phone. I will give only one example. A Nokia 2600 will require a BS (box serial) of 32811 to successfully unlock the phone. (other factors are taken into account, country of origin, network the phone is locked too + what #1-7 to use. Which you still need to research to get the correct code as you need to have the correct MMC+MNC code.)

If the code is successful the phone will display "Phone restrictions off" and then is able to work with any compatible newtork (depending on frequency compatibility)

Hope this clears it up for you :)

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

i'm willing to pay if you or someone can unlock my phone.

Anyway thanks a lot

11. pazzini

pazzini Guest

If you own a Nokia and is not a BB5 / Asic 11 phone, then please start your own thread and make a request as shown here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/338630

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

One last question

How do I know which model of the cell phone? can you give specific instruction to verify the model?

Thank in a million

13. pazzini

pazzini Guest

You can look under the battery or press *#0000#

For the IMEI that will also be under the battery or you can press *#06#

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

so it said

RM-126

and

NAT

Which one is the model

15. MCCRASH

MCCRASH Active member

RM-126- 6126
    or
    RM-126- 6133b

BB5 Models.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I have NOkia 6126. So the model must be RM-126, right?

17. pazzini

pazzini Guest

18. MCCRASH

MCCRASH Active member

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

damn.....
    I can't unlock it

THANK A LOT YOU GUYS.

20. pazzini

pazzini Guest

You're welcome :)