1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP NEEDED URGENTLY ON DVD BURNING

Discussion in 'PS2' started by pmb2k, Oct 23, 2003.

1. pmb2k

pmb2k Member

Ok guys ive just had my PS2 modified to a Messiah chip. It will play PS2 CDRs and my DVDs, as well my original PS2 games. Ive copied Colin Mcrae Rally 3, Ministry of Sound Moderngroove just recently and i copied them as images first then copied them onto blank dvd+r using Nero 5.5 at 8x as the DVD writer will let me copy at that speed.

When i try putting the DVD game after its been copied, it doesnt read the disc,it goes into the browser mode and just says that its a PS2 disc inside but doesnt read, is there something ive missed or not done properly. I am on the understanding that copied DVD games will play straight away with no hassle

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

try burning at a slower speed are you using genuine 8x media or just burning 4x media at 8x

Last edited: Oct 23, 2003
  3. pmb2k

pmb2k Member

ive been using 4x media burning at 8x, but ive been using dvd+r which i think thats the problem, cos i just burned a dvd based ps2 disc on dvd decrypter and wrote to a dvd-r at 2x and it works perfectly so im guessing i was going in the wrong direction in first place, but thanks for ur reply anyway mate

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if you have a version 1,2,3 ps2 then they are not compatable with +r some v4's will play +r others wont version 5 onwards are compatable with +r format. all version ps2 will play -r discs hope this helps

5. pmb2k

pmb2k Member

I think its a version 3 looking at the back it says something like scph30003 so im guessing it is a version 3 from that description. thx for help and advice regardless

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Count the number of screws holding the outer housing together. If you see 10, you've got a v1-3. 8 Screws is a v4 and up.

7. blkhawk

blkhawk Member

I ALWAYS ALWAYS copy PS games (1 an 2) at 1X