1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with Dish Setup on CoolSat 6000

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jbloggs, Sep 5, 2007.

1. jbloggs

jbloggs Member

I'm total newbie have just received my brand new CoolSat 6000. I have searched and read, which why I have got as far as I have, but could not find answer related to my problem. So I hope someone here will be kind enough to help me out.

My set up is as follows:

Dish 500 pointing to E* 119 and E* 110
    Regular 18" Dish pointing to E* 65.1

Cables from these Dishes go into SW64 switch with:
    119 into 1a & 1b
    110 into 2a & 2b
    65.1 into 3a & 3b

Although SW64 is capable going into 4 different receivers I just have IRD 1 connected to my CoolSat 6000 via Power inserter.

I carried out the following steps:
    1) Loaded the factory bin (COOLSAT6000_100_20060308.stb) then connected to TV and did Factory reset.
    2) Loaded latest bin (COOLSAT_NORW_147_20070818.stb) then connected to TV and did Factory reset.

Now is the area I'm having difficulty with. I went to Dish Settings and I'm not sure what to enter for
    Sattellite : 65.1 / 110 / 119
    LNB power :__________
    LNB FRQ :__________
    22kHz :__________
    DISEqC Switch :__________
    Committed :__________

For 65.1 / 110 and 119 I get level of 89% but Quality of only 4% - 6%. The weird thing is I get 90% for Level and Quality for 110 and 119 but on different satellites. I did the Auto Scan for 65.1 / 110 / 119 and couple of others where I got the 90% lock for 110 & 119. The issue is some channels display but most do not. then when I scroll thru the channels the channels I was getting then do no display.

I have had ALL the channels from 65.1 / 110 / 119 via D'network reciever so I know the Dishes are pointed correctly and the wiring is correct for Dish Reciever.

So what am I doing wrong? What should I have the Dish setting set to for my wired configuration using SW64?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

2. bill038

bill038 Guest

The reason your quality is poor is because your settings are not correct. Go to this site and get all the coolsat info you need. they have some great information.

http://forums.f2atv.com/

3. jbloggs

jbloggs Member

Thanks for the link Bill038.

I found that I need to make the following settings:

For 119
    LNB power :___on_______
    LNB Type : __OCS-DP__
    LNB FRQ :___11.250___
    22kHz :____off______
    DISEqC Switch :___on___SW64____
    Committed :____port 1 ______

For 110
    LNB power :___on_____
    Committed :____port 2______

For 65.1 (This one I'm guessing as it is connected to port 3)
    LNB power :___on_____
    Committed :____port 3______

Even after this I'm not getting Quality Signal, only 6%. When I connect the D'network receiver I get the channels, so that rules out bad wiring.

Any help is apprciated.

4. bill038

bill038 Guest

5. jbloggs

jbloggs Member

Thanks again Bill038. I will look into that. Although I'm not sure how I would connect my DN Receiver along with CoolSat6000 receiver at the same time.

on another note, I have managed to get Quality in the 90% range with a twist, the thing now is in the Dish Setup when I scroll to, lets say, 110 E* satellite it locks onto 119 (which is what is displayed on top right of the screen. And when I scroll to 119 it locks onto 110. This is really confusing. Also I can't get lock onto 65.1 at all.

6. bill038

bill038 Guest

Check your set up. If you have updated your bin it will sometime switch your port settings. There are time that these boxes have a mind of their own and do things that have you scratching your head.

7. Nvelasco

Nvelasco Member

hey how did you get the quality to 90%

post it please because i am having the same problem

good level at 91%
    but quality is 6%

help please
    newbie here too!

i would like to watch tv today thank you for help