1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Needed With Flashing My 360 In Vista

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by vannquish, Apr 15, 2007.

1. vannquish

vannquish Member

Hello everyone.

Im having a terrible time trying to flash my 360.

-----

Im using the vista tutorial which tells me to use Xtreme boot maker 5.3 rc1.

I have bought a SATA card to do the job (VT2461 RAID CARD)

My Drive is the samsung MS-25 and im trying to flash it with Xtreme 5xa

Problem 1 - when i go to select my firmware i get this error
    [​IMG]

after that error I can continue so I enter my xbox serial number and select my USB drive and choose to format it.

When I click "create boot disk" I then get my second error

access to the path C:/program files/x projects/xtreme boot maker/resource/x.read.bat is denied.

I cannot cintue after this.

can someone please help?

thanks

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i had the same problem, this is what i did. all i did was just write down the i/o number that rc1 gives you, uninstall rc1 and reinstall an older xtreme boot maker and create with that, works perfect, hope this helps.

3. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

Ive flashed the samsung in vista 32 ultimate about 10 times with old version

4. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Just boot the PC up from a floppy and use the mtkflash method.

5. Blasterjk

Blasterjk Guest

I flashed mine succesfully using vista. One thing to try and always remember is that Vista requires admin privilages for alot of programs to alter. Thus always right click programs such as the flash one and try "running as administrator". I have to do it to install most things correctly.

6. vannquish

vannquish Member

Ive tried using the older version of Xtreme boot maker before but I get the following errors through that.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]