1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed with the flip top lid.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by nove11a, Mar 1, 2005.

1. nove11a

nove11a Member

I have 2 problems, ive installed it right as far as i know using instruction i found on the net but when i go to put swap magic in it just spins the cd too fast adn the cd just comes off the spindle. the only way i found to apparently fix this is to hold my weigh down on the center of the fliptop, have i installed it wrong? ive made sure the screws are tight enuff and it still does it.

secondly when it does boot the cd properly it just goes onto the browser screen and doesnt do anything oor it goes onto that grey screen with the memory card and cd and when i select cd it loads for a bit and goes back to it. so im confused, any help?

2. cal981

cal981 Member

I had the same problem what I did is take of that little white weel the one under the flip top place that on your magic disk and start its a magnet and will keep the disk down does it boot if so take out all the screws put back the white wheel try to boot the ps 2 with no screws if it boots its one set of screws thats making your flip top miss align just put them back in two s each time stop and boot to see if you can boot magic I found that my lid was not lined up correctly

3. shine87

shine87 Member

You have to close the lid after swapping the discs

4. witton

witton Regular member

you have to put the white wheel inside the slot on the flip lid it just clips in.

5. crash2532

crash2532 Member

I had the same problem with my flip top also, once i closed the lid to load the game it would make a loud noise and never load. I took the little white wheel with the magnet on it and put it directly on the swap magic disk waited for the load screen to come up then swapped the disc with my burnt copy and put the little white wheel back on the disk. I just leave the flip top lid open and all the games I have burnt work fine.