1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with V14 Slim and HDD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Riesz, May 31, 2007.

1. Riesz

Riesz Member

Hey all. I have softmodded my v14 Slim PS2 and Swap Magic 3.6 boots up perfectly. My problem lies in getting the Seagate 160GB External HDD to work.

I followed a few guides on here, but can't get it working. I have it formatted to Fat32, have the SWAPMAGIC folder and properly named elf files for USBextreme in there, however they will not launch when I choose "Load Program" on SwapMagic menu. The SwapMagic menu appears to freeze.

I also wonder if USBadvance/extreme are still bad as far as game compatibility goes. The post I read about it was over a year old, so I thought it might be improved by now.

In short, how can I get my HDD working with Swap Magic, in order to load games I have stored on the HDD?

Many thanks for any help!

2. Riesz

Riesz Member

Oops, forgot to also ask if there are any alternatives to USBadvance/extreme to load games off the HDD. Thanks!

3. steimy

steimy Active member

i think thse are about the only programs to load from an external drive. Some questions.
    1. did you check the compatibility chart to make sure that drive is compatible?
    2. have you tried getting another copy of the exploit to make sure it was not just a bad file?

and yes, the compatibility will still never be as good as an internal drive. It should at least be about 75% though.

4. ps2wizz

ps2wizz Regular member

i dont think u can use the hdd to boot the program and run games. If the hdd has to be formated to play games like fat ps2's did then it will wipre ur elf off it. Also i might be wrong but fat 32 only suppoerts like 4gb which one game would fill