1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with Video conversion/compression and good software suggestions

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by NHS2008, Dec 1, 2007.

1. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

Hi everyone,
    I wanted to know if there is any good video conversion/compression software which allows us to compress/convert any video files to 700 mb video file without any need of configurations(auto)
    for eg. I have 2 video files 700 mb each but I want to convert them fro Divx to XVID and merge(can be dne separately) and want the output file to be 700 mb XVID.

also any software which doesn't restrict you to predifined bitrates and video sizes(620x480,720xXXX,etc)and aspect ratios. I use Xillsoft Video convertor and DVD ripper platinum which dont allow to do either.

Thanks for reading through open for suggestions...

2. firesun

firesun Newbie

Most progrma has bitrate and video size restriction, this is because it should permit the converted videos can be supported by your devices, such as iPod or DVD, I have used SPAM, it allows to select the parameters from the list, all of these parameters can meet my use.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  3. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

Thanks for your help firesun.
    I found what I needed.
    It's Ashampoo Movie Shrink & Burn 2
    It lets you specify certain size(eg. 700 mb) and convertion paramters are automatically selected according to that(optional).