1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by k0ld, Jun 7, 2003.

1. k0ld

k0ld Member

I am trying to burn a perfect copy of warcraft 3 using the instructions listed here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/26771
    However, have encountered some problems. Firstly, the copy I have was originally a .iso format, so using a program called Winiso, I converted it to .ccd. Problem solved?
    Secondly, using alcohol 120%, when trying to load the image into the virtual drive, the program constantly freezes, and regardless of time given, stays frozen. Is there another program I could use/something I'm doing wrong to fix this?
    Thirdly, what is twinpeaks? Unfortunately I couldn't even make it that far, but couldn't figure out what twinpeaks was, how to use it, or where to get it.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

k0ld,
    When backing up SecuROM 4,I recommend that you use BlindWrite Suite. Install the latest BlindWrite Suite and click the burning wizard image (green looking icon). Click start cd writing wizard>next. Up at the top be sure your burner is listed>next. Up near the right upper hand corner, select the 1st folder that says "select cd image" (hold mouse over that folder) and locate your iso. After doing so a dialog box will pop up and down near the bottom where it says file type, choose ISO compliant image format then click open>next. Burn DAO pw mode and try and play your backup in your dvd\cd-rom. if you encounter install\play errors this could be due to the fact the iso wasn't read with sub-q data. This is needed when reading image (cd's) of SecuROM cd protection.

BlindWrite Suite:http://www.blindwrite.com/

Shoey :)

3. k0ld

k0ld Member

Thanks for the help, but I was still unsuccesssful. I've tried many different things no but to no avail.

I would rather just load the image into a virtual drive and play from there, because I can't afford to make anymore coasters. However, if I could ensure a working copy, needless to say I would prefer that. While following your instructions, the burning process didn't work. I'm down to my last RW, and I'm guessing this log means that the cd is corrupted, but do not know for sure. Here is the log.

***----- Image verification started -----***
    HD image is OK
    Sector: Bad headers 0 - Bad Edc 0 - Weak 0 - Status 1
    File systems: Volumes 2 - files 254 - folders 50
    Volume size 629950 boot 0 Vol ID Warcraft_iii - 6/20/2002 12:36:11 PM Status 1
    ***----- Image verification ended -----***
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
    Patin-couffin version 11 in use
    Blindwrite Version 4.4.0.65
    ***----- CD DEVICE INFO START OF REPORT -----***
    CAUTION : Using local data for CD writer.
    Cd Unit report started at 6/8/2003 9:57:20 AM
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    VendorID : "ATAPI "
    UnitId : "CD-R/RW 32X10 "
    FwID : "T.DA"
    FwDate : ""
    Drivers : 00000000/00000000/0000000000000014
    Speeds : 40/8/8/0
    Bsize : 2048
    Flags : 00010
    end of CD Unit report
    ***----- CD DEVICE INFO END OF REPORT -----***
    Unit 1:0:0 - ATAPI CD-R/RW 32X10 T.DA [D] (Ide)
    Speed Max
    VolumeId : "Warcraft_iii"
    Hash : BB115CFC9C50A4A42976C23782B8AB5F415D8022
    HD image "Warcraft 3 - Reign Of Chaos.Razor 1911.ShareReactor.iso"
    Writing mode : DAO PW
    No subcodes in file. they'll be generated
    MMC Write error reported at sector 7549 : Code 03 02 FF [Unknown Medium error]
    Sectors read : 40317
    Sectors built: 150
    CD is incomplete

I've downloaded a BWA file off the internet (to ensure a good one) and have patched the CCD image using twinpeaks and clonecd (ending up figuring out how to do all that). Even still however, with emulation enabled, it still asks to put in the play cd (warcraft 3). I've done several searches and read over quite a few guides, however am at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: This may mean nothing, but I believe the iso was burned correctly, because when mounted in a virtual drive and scanned with clony, it reads off as securom 4.68

Last edited: Jun 8, 2003
  4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

The CD Volume name and BWA file should be named as follows:
    [bold] WARCRAFT_III [/bold]
    You had: Warcraft_iii
    [bold] Rename your iso and bwa file WARCRAFT_III [/bold]
    Did you insert your bwa file inside the Warcraft III iso folder?
    Many say BlindWrite 4.25 is best for backing up SecuROM so give this version a try as your last attempt (for now), until you can purchase some more cd-r's.
    BlindWrite 4.25:http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=285e03d281284559725a8117789f4a20&threadid=61418
    In the write process, be sure to [bold] enable bwa file (if applicable) [/bold].
    The BlindWrite Team highly recommends that your create a "play disc" (bwa file in WC III folder), and create an "install disc" (no bwa file in WC III folder). If all fails try Daemon Tools and mount the Warcraft III iso, then use SecuROM emulation.
    Daemon Tools:http://www.daemon-tools.com/Frames/mainlowmid.htm

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com
    Main Website^ (Afterdawn)
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    ATA\133 hd[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2003
  5. k0ld

k0ld Member

WARCRAFT_III
    Rename your iso and bwa file WARCRAFT_III

To make sure I didn't do anything wrong, I renamed EVERY file to Warcraft_III, respective of file formats.

I put a copy of the bwa file into the folder with just the iso, and also into the folder with the CCD image. Tried again using twinpeaks and the bwa file (since they all have the same name now) and still no luck.

Many say BlindWrite 4.25 is best for backing up SecuROM so give this version a try as your last attempt (for now), until you can purchase some more cd-r's. In the write process, be sure to enable bwa file (if applicable) .
    The BlindWrite Team highly recommends that your create a "play disc" (bwa file in WC III folder), and create an "install disc" (no bwa file in WC III folder).

I went out and decided to buy RW's instead of R's because I don't want to waste anymore. I uninstalled the version of blindwrite I had, and installed the version to allow me to write with BWA files (4.25). The burning went just fine, however it still asked for the play CD, so it did not work. I tried burning the patched image with clone CD, and got a medium error at 65%.

If all fails try Daemon Tools and mount the Warcraft III iso, then use SecuROM emulation.

Tried it, didn't work. I'm fighting it, however it appears I'm destined for failure. I appreciate all you trying to help me out here without getting annoyed, hopefully you'll be able to see what I'm doing wrong.

6. k0ld

k0ld Member

WARCRAFT_III
    Rename your iso and bwa file WARCRAFT_III

To make sure I didn't do anything wrong, I renamed EVERY file to Warcraft_III, respective of file formats.

I put a copy of the bwa file into the folder with just the iso, and also into the folder with the CCD image. Tried again using twinpeaks and the bwa file (since they all have the same name now) and still no luck.

Many say BlindWrite 4.25 is best for backing up SecuROM so give this version a try as your last attempt (for now), until you can purchase some more cd-r's. In the write process, be sure to enable bwa file (if applicable) .
    The BlindWrite Team highly recommends that your create a "play disc" (bwa file in WC III folder), and create an "install disc" (no bwa file in WC III folder).

I went out and decided to buy RW's instead of R's because I don't want to waste anymore. I uninstalled the version of blindwrite I had, and installed the version to allow me to write with BWA files (4.25). The burning went just fine, however it still asked for the play CD, so it did not work. I tried burning the patched image with clone CD, and got a medium error at 65%.

If all fails try Daemon Tools and mount the Warcraft III iso, then use SecuROM emulation.

Tried it, didn't work. I'm fighting it, however it appears I'm destined for failure. I appreciate your patience with me, hopefully you'll be able to see what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: I apologize for the triple post, my comp was lagging extremely at the time.

Edit 2: I tried the burning the patched image with clone cd again, and got it to work this time without any errors (the burning process, that is). Strange thing is, it's still saying that it's the wrong CD, yet when I scan the cd I just burned with clony, it says it's securom 4.68 protected, meaning it should have worked. Now I'm really stumped.

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I believe there is a patch update that brings the games cd protection to SecuROM 4.8x (not 100% sure). Anyways, cerain dvd\cd-roms and burners can bypass the TwinSector (tages) cd sheme of the SecuROM cd protection. In other words, you "might" be able to play the game using the "install disc" as I can UT 2003(SecuROM 4.8.x) with my Litey LTD 165H DVD-Rom. I do need the "play disc" to play the game on my Toshiba SD-M1502 DVD-Rom.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    Forum Rules^
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    ATA\133 hd[/small]

8. k0ld

k0ld Member

What's the difference between the install disk and the play disk? If the only difference is one is burned with the patched (w/bwa) image and the other is burned with the un patched image, then I've tried both and both didn't work. If your stumped as I am and there's no other way, would it be possible to somehow get the emulation working? You see, I really want to play online with warcraft 3, however without the patch, you cannot. Being I've read posts about it here, I know it can be done. Why does this have to be so frustrating :p.

Edit: I just uninstalled/reinstalled it without the patch, and it still asked for the CD...ARGHHHH!

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Looks like the bwa file you downloaded isn't working which is no surprise here m8. It me 3 tries to backup UT 2003. Try creating your own bwa file reading at 1x with your dvd\cd-rom and burner, try again or download a different bwa file. Why the need to make to backups of the SecuROM protected cd? Simply because some roms can't bypass the TwinSector (tages) cd scheme of the SecuROM cd protection (my Toshiba SD-M1502), therefore I need to burn an "play" disc (bwa file included). As I stated in my previous post, my Litey can play the game using the "install disc" (no bwa file). Did you try installing your backup "install" disc and actually try and play the backup? if your roms failed to do so then you create an "play disc" and hopefully find a "good" bwa file (minimal spikes).

Shoey :)__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    Forum Rules^
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    ATA\133 hd[/small]

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

from a quick scan down of this thread i see 2 things correct me if i'm wrong!

What burner you useing? i had those errors on a 1 sheep plextor!

and also you seem to be nearly there!!!

you can make a disc and install with it! but not play (been there!) so now the question is!

IS AUTOPLAY TICKED IN SETTINGS FOR EMULATION? when burning? this method works but need blindwrite installed to play on any cdrom drive...

if you are going for the play disc and install disc method i'm not sure they will play on all drives that way? for compatibility just incase you buy a new drive use AUTOPLAY burnt to disc also!

thx......

EDIT:

Hey shoey still cant spell! LOL just had to edit! haha..........

Also if you have a working disc now you can also load to virtual drive maybe?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [Fan 28-Idle/32-Load/23M] [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID [Bios 1011]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    DX9/CAT-3.1 VIA 4in1 Hyperion v445]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 512meg[/small]

11. rayb0187

rayb0187 Member

hi
    i've been having some problems burning the MOHAA cd1 and 2 which are in the easy cd creator image file format. the easy cd creator doesn't recognize it and i tried with alcohol . alcohol did burn the cd but the cd didn't show anything and didn't run. now i tried blindwrite but i get this message:
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
    Patin-couffin version 10 in use
    Blindwrite Version 4.2.5.35
    ***----- CD DEVICE INFO START OF REPORT -----***
    Cd Unit report started at 6/17/2003 7:56:11 PM
    VendorID : "LG"
    UnitId : "CD-RW CED-8080"
    FwID : ""
    FwDate : "1.09"
    Drivers : 00000000/00000000/0000000000000014
    Speeds : 32/8/4/0
    Bsize : 2048
    Flags : 00000
    end of CD Unit report
    ***----- CD DEVICE INFO END OF REPORT -----***
    Unit 2:0:0 - LG CD-RW CED-8080B 1.04 [D] (Ide)
    Speed Max
    VolumeId : "MOHAA_DISK1"
    Hash : BB09EDCEA4BCC81214F3FB9DE1C71E68B5D1184C
    HD image "MOHAA_CD1.iso"
    Writing mode : DAO PW
    No subcodes in file. they'll be generated
    MMC Write error reported at sector -11646 : Code 05 24 00 [Illegal request, Invalid field in CDB]
    Sectors read : 0
    Sectors built: 0
    CD is incomplete
    what should i do?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]rayb[/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2003
  12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

@ rayb0187

Hi there,

OK, Now i have had this error and got over it!but its been awhile so bear with me and i'll go through what i know and whatyou have said and shown!

1, your version of blindwrite is an older one? i guess this by the part patin coffin 10 i use the 11 version and the new one is 12 now! so try latest version download!

2, i had that error on a 1 sheep burner i think? as i have 2 burners plextor and liteon

3, you used speed max! LOWER IT i had to read at 4x and write at 8x to get some games!

4, is your burner a 2 sheep one?

5, with blindwrite i hear talk that a certian version is better? well i used the latest always! which at the time was 4.4b theres a 4.5 now i think!

6, Need to know what protection it is? sercurom or safedisc? sercurom needs a BWA file inserted to folder loacation of game iso !

7, also what read & write method did you use? say nibble/authorise the use of alternative read? (different each time for safedisc & sercurom !!!!!)

8, easy cd creator i have heard is a different type of ISO !!! how do you know its that? the bytes are different i think? (maybe problem!)

9, if sercurom you need to extract subcodes and use a BWA file!

let us know how it goes and more info will help

Cheers....

13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

rayb0187,
    MOA is Safedisc cd protected m8. I find Alcohol 120 to be the more "stable" program than BlindWrite Suite. Simply read the image (cd) of MOA using the Safedisc 2 datatype profile at 24x. Burn MOA using the Safedisc 2 datatype profile at 8x(RAO DAO) and first try and play your backup from your burner without any emulation. If the backup won't play then go to emulation and check "ignore media type" and minimize Alcohol 120 to system tray and try again m8.
    Good luck!
    Remember, for Safedisc cd protection use Alcohol 120 and for SecuROM 4.8.3&up use BlindWrite Suite
    I noticed in your log report you own a LG burner (Lucky Goldstar), made by Hitachi.
    Hopefully your LG is faster than the 24x model...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2003
  14. rayb0187

rayb0187 Member

hey, thanx guys!
    i tried alcohol 120% and when i put the safedisc2 data type then it said cd will not be a 1-1 copy, so i chose custom in data type and the message stopped appearing, and now it works without emulation. i think my burner is an ancient one, shoey. i think it's a 1-sheep burner and alcohol says the max write speed is 8x and the max read speed is 32x. also when i chose safedisc2 as the data type, the burn parameters were as rao dao+sub or something like that. hey thanks guys.

15. rayb0187

rayb0187 Member

hey guys,
    i tried alcohol 120% on a no. of image files that were giving trouble, so this is what i got.
    when i burnt the safedisc2 protected image files with the data type on alcohol as safedisc2, my burnt CD wouldn't play, so this is what i did.(hopefully to somebody's advantage). I selected the safedisc2 option which gave me the raw sao+sub and then i changed the data type to customise and now the CD's work fine. I don't think it is such a great discovery( probably someone might have written about it earlier), but i found it out myself. After wasting about 6-7 CD-R's, so at least i'm happy.